Chapter 25

(Vision PoV)

Waking up at what I thought was early, I sat up slowly, instinctively placing my hand on Wanda's side of the bed. It was empty. I looked over, seeing a sheet of paper on her bedside table. Picking it up, I saw it was a note from Wanda, herself and I switched on my bedside lamp in order to read it:

Viz,
I've gone for a walk down the creek, I'm fine so you don't need to worry, I just wanted time to think over everything that has happened. I'll see you when I return. I love you.
Wanda x

Climbing out of the bed, I pulled a dressing gown over my blue pyjama shirt and trousers and entered the living room, where there was more light and I could clearly see the absence of Wanda's coat and boots by the door. She hadn't returned yet. As I paced the room thrice over, I stopped and noticed myself in the mantelpiece mirror, seeing my human form for the first time in a while, the yellow gem in my head glowing intentively, jabbing me with a dull thrumming pain every now and then.

It was another hour before I decided to change. Dressing in a smart shirt-sweater combo and a pair of chinos and brogue shoes. Wanda still hadn't returned and not wanting to worry too much, since she was a full-grown woman, I took a walk in the town, pulling on my black jacket before stepping out into the cool Edinburgh air.

Glancing up at the risen sun of 10am, I stuffed my hands into my pockets and walked calmly down the street, making an effort to have a phase on that didn't reveal the golden cosmic power that I possessed in my forehead. I gradually made my way towards the creek, seeing a young person head back up the hill away from it. From this distance, I couldn't see clearly who it was but by the dark jacket and the red hair, I assumed it was Wanda—

She came up the hill, looking around at the buildings, only when she wasn't staring at the cobbled ground. "Wanda," I said, calmly, coming towards her,
"Viz? What are you doing out...?" She asked, surprised by my appearance. I could hear it in her voice,
"I came out for a walk," I explained, "I know you told me not to but I worry about you, Wanda."
"I'm a grown adult, Viz..." she said, a little protest in her tone, "I can protect myself."
"I know you can but it doesn't stop my feelings towards you." She started to walk past me, back towards the house, as I turned, talking after her.

That line made her stop and turn towards me. "Your duty of care really defines you, doesn't it?" She asked, I'm guessing rhetorically,
"Yes... I suppose it does," I said with a nod of my head. She smiled a little, approaching me again and placing her hand against my cheek. "I could guess that..." she said, softly, as her hand stroked against my cheekbones.

A worried look crossed her face, as she looked at me. "Wanda... I care for you," I told her, resting my own hand on top of hers, "All because I love you, let me worry over you..."

Her silence troubled me, as I gently released her hand, "Or not, if I-I'm overstepping..." i said, confused slightly. Maybe I hadn't understood fully human emotions yet. Nor Wanda maybe? Feeling her slide her own hand away from mine, I wondered about my latter thought.

"I'm sorry..." was all I could think of saying in that moment.

"What for...?" She asked, curiously, "You're not overstepping... I just-I have to be my own woman sometimes, not Pietro's sister, not Vision's girlfriend, not an Avenger, just me, do you understand what I'm saying, Viz?"

I nodded, "Yes, I think so..." I said, a little unsure but I wanted her to be comfortable and come to me when she wanted to, and not as an obligation because of our relationship.

"Thank you..." she whispered to me, as she leaned up to me, on tiptoes and pressed her lips to mine, kissing me passionately. I kissed her back, showing I understood her and wanted only the best for her. I loved her. I always would.