Mom?

I drop the towel into the laundry bin and put on the sweatpants and graphic tee that Kian gave me. I open the door to see Kian sitting patiently on his bed looking down at his phone.
"Okay! I'm ready to go!" I skip over to him and wave a hand in front of his face.
He looks up and a smile spreads over his features. "Okay, let's go."
I plop into the passengers seat as Kian slides into the drivers seat. "Okay so were do you want to go?"
"The mall?" I state but it comes out more as a question.
"Okay." Was the simple reply I got as the car was turned onto the road.
The rest of the ride was silent, except for the occasional comment on the scenery. As I process the past few hours I think of how much has changed. I now know that they were actually trying to help me, but how did they know who I was on the plane? That felt like months ago. In some ways I wish I could just go back to sitting at home eating Nutella and watching Netflix but in a way this is better. I mean, here I am in a car with a man that I just met two hours ago, if I did that when I was at home I would probably get grounded. Talking about home, my parents probably don't even know I was kidnapped, or maybe they do. "Hey Kian?"
Kian's eyes flick away from the road for a second to look at me. "Yes?"
"Can I use your phone?"
"Why?" A look of confusion flashes across his face but it quickly disappears.
"Well I wanted to call my parents and since I now know that you guys are actually trying to help me, I can talk them out of the search party they probably sent out."
A small chuckle emanates from the back of his throat at the joke I made. "Sure, but don't mention our names."
"Okay, thanks!" I smile as he nods towards his phone on the dashboard.
I dial the familiar number into the keypad and put the phone to my ear. After three rings my mother picks up. "Hi mom!"
"_______ is that you!?"
"Ya, sorry I didn't call when I got to the hotel, I lost my phone on the way there."
"_______!! I was so worried! Why didn't you call me earlier!"
"I'm really sorry mom, I finally got my hands on a phone today but don't worry I'm okay." I smile knowing that she really was worried about me.
"But what happened on the plane! I heard someone got kidnapped but nobody remembered anything about it!"
I frown as I think of all the ways someone can just forget about getting kidnapped, then I remember what Kian said. The medicine. "I don't know, I can't remember it's all blurry but I think that it was just a sick prank."
"Are you sure?"
"Ya don't worry mom I'm fine."
"Okay honey. When are you coming home?"
"I don't know but I'll tell you when I decide. I love you."
"I love you too _____. Bye!"
"Bye!" I hang up and put the phone back onto the dashboard.
"We're here." I smile as we turn into the large parking lot outside of the mall.
The car rolls to a stop in a spot at the back of the parking lot. "Yay! Let's go get me clothes!"
I turn to smile at Kian and I see he's already smiling at me. "Someone's exited."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I skip back towards Kians' car with four bags hanging around my arms. It's gotten dark and most of the cars have left, except for a black sedan a few spaces down from ours. I stop and turn around just before reaching the black sedan to see Kian lagging behind.
"Kian! Hurry up!" I cup my hands and shout at him to run faster.
He picks his pace up and slows down when he gets thirty feet away from me. I smile and gesture for him to go faster. He returns the smile but it quickly turns into a look of shock and... Terror?
"______ watch out!"
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
A/N
HI GUYS IM BACK!!!! I'm soooo sorry for not updating in 173839 years but @KatlynFrost helped me feel like writing again so instead of doing homework, I'm writing this! I started at a new school this year and I'm having a hard time fitting in. I'm really happy though because there's a girl in my class that has a ton of similar interests and she also likes to write and draw just like me! So that's good and if any of you guys are having to go to a new school this year, don't worry it gets better! Why? Because just today I made a few other friends and the work is getting easier to understand.
Thank you soooo much for reading my story/stories I really appreciate it and so when I looked at my homepage and saw that this had 2.2k reads and more I was soooo happy!
Have a good day/night<3
SONG OF THE DAY: Meghan Trainor-All About That Bass