2

As soon as the bell rang for the end of the day, I stuffed my things in my bag and dashed out of the collage's building. I needed to go to my shed and collect some jewellery of mum's to sell before dad got home. I rushed down the streets, backpack slipping off my shoulder as my agility helped me dodge incoming strangers during my power walk. I approached my house, but stopped in my tracks. I saw my father opening the back gate and walking in. Sighing, I turned around and started walking back.

As I passed through the alleyways towards my tent, I heard footsteps. I turned around. Nothing. Cautiously, I took a few more steps, picking up the pace. I was about to turn into the next alleyway when I felt a cloth being placed against my mouth, before the darkness took over my vision.

.

.

.

My eyes fluttered open. I blinked as my eyes adjusted to the light, arms and legs restrained to the chair I was sat on. Looking around the room, I didn't recognise the four figures in front of me.

"Who...?" I started.

"You," One of them snapped. His stance made me assume he was the 'leader' of whatever group I had just stumbled into.

"Moi?" I questioned.

"No funny business." Another one, who slightly resembled a squirrel, scoffed. The 'leader' one had a gun in his hand, which I only just noticed now.

"Listen up." He said, twirling the pistol around on his index finger. "Tell us... why did you steal our youngest's kimbap?"

"..." I stayed silent. "I'm confused..."

"You came up to me yesterday and wrestled the kimbap out of my hands..." A smol boy in the corner sniffed. His head was kept down.

"Well, at least lift your head so I can see which one you were." I sighed impatiently.

"Don't be rude to him." The shortest one snapped. The smol boy lifted his head and I recognised him.

"Oh, it's you! The boy I thought was around my age." I said. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I was really hungry."

"That doesn't give you the right to steal Jeongin's food." The 'leader' snapped. "We barely manage to make enough money in this shit area to buy toilet paper, let alone to afford buying TWO kimbaps in one hour."

"Yeah, but, I don't have enough money to buy a tampon, let alone food." I stated.

"Shut up." He pointed the gun at me, finger resting on trigger. "Apologise."

"Are you seriously threatening me with a gun and asking me to apologise to a 16-year-old boy?" I scoffed. "Pathetic."

"Are we really?" He said and tilted the gun ever so slightly, before shooting. I screwed my eyes shut, but felt no impact. I opened my eyes and saw a bullet hole in my top, skimming my arm.

"Fucking hell, you lunatic!" I shouted. "Alright, I'm sorry for stealing a ₩2,000 kimbap from the smol boy."

"Good." The leader one threw the gun down. "Well, bye." They turned around and started walking.

"Aren't you going to untie me?" I questioned.

"Nope." The short one snickered. I rolled my eyes and manouvered my wrists, easily slipping them out of the rope. I did the same with my ankles and quietly bent forward to pick up the gun. As soon as it was in my grasp, I pointed it a little above the leader dude's head and shot. It skimmed his hair and blasted through the wooden door. They turned around.

"I TOLD YOU!" the squirrel shouted. "Chan, you owe me ₩10,000!"

"Ugh." The 'leader', who I now know is called Chan, rolled his eyes. "I was kinda hoping you were lying."