Chapter 6

It was almost 5, and [y/n] still hadn't heard back from Shaun. He must've been too busy getting ready to check his phone. She decided to just go to his apartment.

It felt weird to walk through the hall of the apartments in an evening gown at 5. The man she passed stared after her. The only good part was that he was only confused, not creepy.

She knocked on the door. "Shaun? I'm coming in, babe." She opened the door and walked in. "Shaun?"

"Hey," he called nervously from the bathroom.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm so nervous I'm shaking," he answered and walked out, every single button unfastened. "I feel - oh wow..."

"I guess I look alright?"

"Uh... yeah. You look great."

"Thanks, honey." She kissed his lips for a few short seconds. "Everything's okay. If something happens, we'll come straight back here."

"I can't-"

"It's alright." She buttoned his shirt.

"You don't mind..?"

"Not at all." She buttoned his pants and zipped them carefully. She buttoned his jacket over top. "You look stunning," she promised and hooked her arms around his neck.

His hands hooked around her low back. Lipstick was smudged across his lips already. "What time is it?" she asked coyly.

"5:10," he answered.

"And what time do we have to leave here?"

"5:25."

"That's plenty of time." She leaned into him and bit his lip. He moaned, and she slipped her tongue in his mouth. She backed him against the wall and pressed against him.

When she finally pulled away, she murmured, "You're going to have to wash your face. I probably should too."

"Yes." She smirked and pulled him into the bathroom. "I am a mess."

"I finally understand the phrase hot mess," she flirted and kissed his cheek, leaving a nearly perfect print with her fresh application.

***

After the charity event, [y/n] drove Shaun home. She went in with him.

"I'm tired," she yawned.

"You shouldn't drive home."

"I'll be fine." She ruined her argument by yawning.

"Stay here."

"That sounds fun," she considered. "I'll stay, but I don't have anything to sleep in."

"I'll find you something."

"Thanks, Shaun. Is it alright if I shower here?"

"Yes."

"You'll have to unzip my dress for me." She turned her back to him, and he found the zipper. He carefully unzipped it, trying not to touch her bra and then butt once he got down to the end.

She turned around, and her dress slipped off her shoulders. "Would you like me to repay the favor?" He nodded questioningly. She slipped his tie off. Then his jacket.

Her fingers slipped over the buttons of his shirt. Her dress slid farther off her shoulders until it fell to her ankles. Shaun's eyes followed it.

"I should probably shower," she sighed. He pouted. "You could join me."

"What?"

"Would you like to join me?" she asked with a smile.

"I..."

She took his hands and led him into the bathroom.