Chapter 7

After a few hours, the sun was blocked out by a few gathering clouds. They decided to sit on the sand for a bit, not ready to return to reality. They listened to music and cuddled, lying on the convenient spread [y/n] brought. They ate some of the crap she picked up from the convenience store that morning.

But eventually, it was sunset. Bugs bit. They decided they'd go home.

But then it started raining. And it rained harder. Then the wind picked up.

"Shaun, I don't think it's a good idea to keep going. My car is too light and bad in rain to begin with," she announced. "What would you think about getting a cabin?"

"Sure," he said simply.

"Sweet." She executed a three point turn and drove about a mile to the store. She arranged to rent a cabin while Shaun bought the things they'd need for the night. [Y/n] slipped into the bathroom while Shaun finished up. When she got out, he was waiting at the counter, uncomfortably. As they left, the cashier winked, and Shaun laughed a little, uncomfortably.

Before she could ask what happened, he did. "Is there some social que that I can't even imagine?"

"I don't know. Maybe because you're with a pretty lady like me," she joked as they got in the car. "But in all seriousness, no clue."

"Okay," he said, nearly relieved.

And they went to the cabin. It wasn't much, just a big area with a kitchenette, couch, tv, and a coffee table. There was one bedroom with a queen size bed and small bathroom. It wasn't somewhere you'd want to be with someone you didn't want to be too close to... But if you wanted to be close, it was perfect.

While Shaun called Melendez about being stuck because of the storm, [y/n] made dinner with the stuff Shaun had bought and nearly taken out of the sacks. After they ate, they cuddled on the couch while a random show played.

"So Shaun..."

"Yeah?" he asked, looking down.

"About that weird thing earlier...you were deflecting, weren't you?" she asked.

"What? Uh...no." She laughed and rose from his shoulder and kissed him, passionately. She stopped suddenly and backed away, taking off her shirt. Shaun couldn't help but stare... She had changed out of her swimsuit earlier, while she was in the bathroom. Fuck...she was hot. She backed into the bedroom, her shorts coming off.

And he joined her, extremely happy with that little purchase.