Chapter 2

"Hey, I'm [y/n]."

"I'm Shaun," he said shakily.

"Nice name. Shot?" she pushed the shot to him.

"I'm not very good at shots..."

"That's fine. Try one, just for me?"

"I suppose," he said quietly.

"We'll do it together, okay?" She hooked her arm around his. "On three. One, two, three..."

He coughed and looked at her shyly.

"You did fine, see?" She put her hand over his on the bar. He smiled a little, and she couldn't help but smile back. Her smile widened as she grabbed his hand. "Come on," she urged, pulling him to the game area.

It was clearly an addition to the original building and dusty, but it could be fun. There were two pool tables and a dart board.

"You ever played?" she asked, handing him darts.

"Not very much."

"You'll get it. Just watch me, okay?" She took a second before aiming and pinning a 20. "Nothin' to it."

Shaun followed, focusing for a few second before getting 14, an inch from the ring.

"Three more throws each then a game?" she asked with a sly smile.

"Sure."

"Winner gets a drink?" she asked.

"Sure."

"Excellent." She threw two: 20, ring. She stepped back, and he threw twice, 19 and 1.

She threw. Ring. She smirked and stepped back. He threw. 20.

"Now for the game. Ring is 50 and eye is 100. We each get five. Three then three, two then two."

He nodded, and she threw. "Twenty, fifty and a hundy for me. 170. Your turn, cutie."

He blushed a little before throwing. "Twenty, nineteen and fifty. 89."

"Still either of our games." She threw, the first scratched. She cursed under her breath and threw again. "270," she murmured.

And he threw. "129, damn."

"Rematch with pool?"

"Sure. What drink?"

"Cranberry vodka, please," she replied, prepping their table.

He came back with her drink a beer for himself. She took the shot from him with a smile. She drank it and put the glass down. "I promise I'll sweeten the deal this time," she whispered and kissed his cheek.

She went back to setting up the balls perfectly without a second thought. "Ever played this before?"

"No."

"We'll play easy, okay? I'll be nice and everything. Come 'ere."

"Why?" he asked as he obliged.

"Put your hand over mine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, just stand behind me and watch the stick."

He did as told, awkwardly.

"See how I balance the stick on my fingers and the amount of force I use?" She demonstrated the smooth stroke a few times.

"Okay."

"And I'm going to hit the ball in the center. If it's too low, it'll skip. Just feel what I do and try to mimic it."

She broke and didn't make any in.

"Pick any ball and try to make it in, except the 8. After that, you'll have to stick to stripes or solids. The 8 has to be the last in for either of us."

He picked the 3, a few inches from the corner pocket.

"That one's a perfect line, so it should be good for a start. Do you want help?"

"How will you help me?"

"Like this." She wrapped her arms around his and leaned against him. She guided him to shooting position. "Remember what I showed you?"

He arranged himself nearly perfectly.

"Not too hard, middle of the cue," she guided. And he hit, sinking the 3.

"You did it!"

He turned around, and she put her arms around his neck. He looked a little confused, but very happy. She slid her hand to his cheek where she kissed him.

"You're cute, you know that?"

"You are very pretty," he said nervously.

She smiled and kissed his lips. She pulled away with a soft smile. He smiled and giggled a little.

"Every time you get one, I'll kiss you. And every time I get one, I will also kiss you. Sound fair?"

"Definitely."

"Lovely." She kissed his cheek. "For good luck," she said with a shrug. She examined the balls and chose her stripe. "Remember you're only solids and I'm only stripes."

She got it. Kiss. Shaun missed. No kiss. She missed. No kiss. Shaun missed. No kiss. She made it. Kiss...

And she won. But that didn't really matter.

"To sweeten the deal a little more, I get a reward from you for winning, and you get a reward to make up for the two losses. Cool?"

"What is it?"

"This." She hooked her arms behind him and pulled him close. She kissed him like they were alone. In a bedroom. In love. For years.

She slipped her hand down his back and took a piece of paper from her pocket. She slipped it in his front pocket, only a millimeter between her hand and his thigh.

He broke away for a breath. She breathed against his neck and kissed him gently.

He was still for a few seconds before kissing her neck. She kissed his jaw and looked up at him. She grabbed his hand and pulled him to the jukebox.

She started a song and lead him into a dance. It was simple but fun. She rubbed against him and shook her body. She flaunted every aspect of herself until the very end. She put her arms around him and kissed him. She was so happy she could barely stop laughing and smiling against his lips. He did the same. It was utterly ridiculous to partake in, but it was amazing.

She played another song and sang along loudly. He was in love.