Twenty-Two

Minho pulls his lips away from mine. God, I wish it didn't have to end.

My eyes flutter back open and I feel like the butterflies in my stomach have all combusted.

We stare into each others eyes for a few precious seconds before I snap my head away and start fake-coughing profusely.

I can't help but think to myself, Why didn't you pull away, idiot?

"I, uh, sorry. I didn't mean to do that." Minho says in panic. I nod my head, unsure of how to respond.

My biggest crush and worst enemy just kissed me. How was I supposed to react?!

"Look, Minho-" I start to speak but the second I do, the sound of the garage door cuts me off. "Shit, mom's home." I curse under my breath.

"I should probably be going right about now." Minho says rubbing his neck. "Do you think your mom could drive me home?"

"Uhh, yeah, sure."

That car ride was as you'd expect: the most awkward thing ever.

Mom kept on trying to start conversations, but they never led anywhere. Both of us were too scared to reply back.

Once we reached Minho's house, he got out, we said our goodbyes, and we drove away.

"Hey, Jisung? Why did you two seem so uncomfortable?" my mom asks.

Naturally, I start to panic, causing my face to turn red. "Car rides are almost always uncomfortable. Don't look too much into it." I say a little too quickly.

"Okay?" she says confused.

Once we finally got home, I head up to my room with a quick "no" to mom who asked if I still wanted dinner.

After almost slamming the door, I run and jump into my bed, burying my face in my fluffy pillows.

I kind of want to cry, but I don't. My emotions really need to make up their minds already.

In all honesty, I'm torn as to whether or not to tell Felix about the kiss. I might as well, though. Considering he knows literally everything about me already, I'd say that this is no different.

I grab my phone off of the table and tap "call" on his contact. After a couple of seconds, Felix's voice replaces the ringing.

"Hello? What do you need, Ji?"

"Felix. I did something bad." I say urgently. Felix seems to pick up on that and he starts to get worried too.

"What'd you do?"

"Well, I-"

"Did you rob a bank?!"

"No! I-"

"You found out that your house is haunted?!"

"I hope not. But actually, I-"

"You kissed Minho?!"

A silence loomed over me.

"No..." I hear Felix's bewildered voice through the phone's speaker. "You're kidding me. That was a joke!"

"I don't know what happened. I was yelling at him, then we had a sad cuddle puddle, then we kissed." I say.

"Do you mind elaborating? Because I have no idea what you just said."

I take the next five or ten minutes to explain to Felix that I'm currently loosing my marbles. Until just then, though, I didn't even take into consideration what our school life is going to be like now.

While Felix is trying to make the best out of this situation, I'm panicking like a penguin up in a nest.

"Come on, Jisung," Felix says, "So you had your first kiss with the person you hate the most? It's not that ba- oh, who am I kidding? This is terrible."

I sigh and rub my temples. "That's an understatement."

I applaud the person who said that the truth hurts because they were right.

Brutally and unfortunately right.