Engagement Party

I got a text message from him saying we're leaving to the party at 5pm but he didn't tell me if he's going to pick me up or not. I waited for him to pick me up but he never came to my parent's manor. I went to the party an hour late and when i arrived everyone looked at me weirdly like i was someone who came to the wrong place. Darren walks over to me and says "This is my fiancé Elina Kuga." Everyone looked at me in amazement except from one girl, she looked at me as if i'm her enemy but i didn't care, she can take Darren if she wanted because i wouldn't care. The party ended and Darren and I go home. I go into my parent's car but he says "You're coming with me tonight" I was shook, did he really mean this or is he taking advantage if me as we don't actually love each other. I knew he doesn't like waiting so i just came with him. When we arrive at his manor, he shows me to my room and says "Everything has been unpacked when we were at the party and if you need anything, there are maids downstairs" He leaves the room and i settle into this room "This is going to be my home from now on then i guess" i thought. I call my parents to say that the party went well and they thank me for agreeing to marry him.