Chapter 4

______ quickly made her way down the busy street, looking up occasionally to avoid the growing puddles. Her thoughts full, frantically going from one sign to another.

Was he flirting with her? Or was he actually just apologizing? Either one, though, made _______'s heart flutter. She went off daydreaming as she walked to the city park. She went there to clear her thoughts, and read.

She had sat for a bit, and thought things through. She had finished off a essay on a notepad, and read three newspapers. She was about done, she decided, and stood up to collect her bag. She stepped out into the rain, and was almost immediately bumped into.

"Excuse me." She hissed. She didn't like when her thoughts were interrupted.

"I'm terribly sorry, ma'am. I'm just in a hurry to get my draft signed." He held up a stack of papers that bad been roughly sewn together. ______'s eyes met his, and she realized.

"You're Newt Scamander. The author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." His eyes darted from the ground back up to her eyes over and over it seemed.

"Yes, I suppose that's me." ______'s eyes grew wild and she suddenly became very curious.

"You're a very talented writer, you know." She held out her hand. Newt took it and gave it a firm shake.

"_______ ________." She gave him a warm smile despite her cold, wet appearance. He smiled back, but only for a second.

"I would stay and chat but I really have to get to the publisher." She could tell be wasn't trying to sound rude. She nodded.

"Thanks." He mumbled, and sped off.

________ watched him a bit, noticing that he bumped into quite a few people on his way out. She caught herself smiling, but shook it off.

"You've returned." Vinda greeted her on her way in the door. _______ smiled, not really in the mood to talk anymore.

"What the matter darling?" She came up before she reached the stairs. She pushed ______'s long black hair behind her shoulders.

"Nothing dear." She said convincingly. Vinda let her go and nodded, but still watched her as she made her way up the stairs.

Once she closed the door to her room, she immediately sat down on the floor. Removing her heels, she looked out her glass wall across from her. She sighed and felt a sudden longing for to see Gellert. Their embrace earlier today made her realize that maybe she felt something for him she didn't for others.

She stood up and moaned, making her way to her bedroom. She closed the door behind her and got dressed, then got comfortable in her sheets.

She laid there for a while, tossing and turning, before she suddenly swung her bare legs over the side of her bed, and put on some silk shorts and a matching camasule. She slipped on some shoes and quickly walked to her front door, pausing to listen out into the hallway. When she heard nothing, she opened it, quietly, and made her way down to Gellert's office.

It was around 2 in the morning, she knew that, but she had to see him.

She reached his door, and was lifting her fist to knock, when the door flew open. Gellert stood there, causing her to flinch, and him as well.

"Gave me quite a fright." He put his hand to his chest, then looked up at her. His eyes glittered in the dim yellow light of the corridor.

"Something you need?" He questioned, but little did ______ know, he was about to climb up to see her.

"I just," She paused, and thought for a second.

"I wanted to see you." She let out, her voice shaking. He raised an eyebrow, but didn't seem surprised.

"I don't understand." He lied. Though he felt the same he didn't quite understand, still, how someone like her could feel the way they did about him.

"I came down here, to see you." She didn't know how else to phrase it.

"And ehm," She stepped forward, feeling more nervous than she ever had.

"To make sure I would be your first." Gellert's eyes widened when he realized.

______ stepped forward once more and turned up to gently press her lips against his. His hands hesitated quite a bit, but eventually found her waist, and then middle back. Hers in return went to his chest, and down his arms. Gellert pulled away first, and breathed deeply.

"Love is weakness." He mumbled through a half open mouth. _______'s heart stopped for a second, scared.

"But it's worth it." This time he pressed his lips to hers, and wrapped her arms around her. ______ relaxed against him, and pushed him into his office, closing the door with her foot. Gellert pushed her against the wall and pulled away again.

"Staying the night I assume?" He smirked. _______ smiled genuinely back at him.

"If you'll have me."