Chapter 6

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I MADE A PLAYLIST FOR THIS STORY THAT I'M STILL ADDING SONGS TO! IF YOU HAVE SPOTIFY, HERE'S THE LINK! https://open.spotify.com/user/shaylamusic91/playlist/2ftDdPdn8RB3FDZu468zgB?si=LrXpKdWfSbG6qj1Hgin3Qg

AUTHOR'S NOTE PT 2: I KNOW BTS STANDS FOR BEYOND THE SCENE NOW, BUT THAT'S NOT A COOL GANG NAME SO I USED THEIR OLD NAME!

AUTHOR'S NOTE PT 3: I'M NOT USING THEIR REAL NAMES YET SO SCORPION IS JIMIN AND KNUCKLES IS JUNGKOOK!

WARNINGS: LANGUAGE, DRUG USE & MENTIONS OF VIOLENCE

            J-Hope knocked on the door of the apartment. Inside, I could hear loud talking and some music playing. For a moment, it seemed like they didn't hear us, but then the door opened slightly. Through the crack in the door, I could make out the face of a man who looked familiar before it dawned at me that this was one of the guys who was with him in the store that night. He looked at me before saying something to J-Hope in Korean. J-Hope responded, and that guy shut the door on us.

J-Hope turned and smiled at me. "He was just making sure you don't have any weapons on you."

I shook my head. "I don't have anything on me."

He nodded. "I figured as much." The door opened and the guy gestured for us to come in quickly. We walked in. The smell hit me first – marijuana and cigarettes. I reminded myself not to take deep breaths. As we walked down the dimly lit hallway, I assessed my surroundings. The place was definitely just a safe house. There were mattresses in some of the bedrooms, but no frames. Little to no décor throughout the apartment. As we walked past a kitchen, I noticed empty beer and liquor bottles strewn about everywhere as well as a few empty pizza boxes. I could hear the chatter of the others in the living room. I felt my heart drop as we walked in and I saw the other five gang members seated around the room, smoking fat blunts and drinking from solo cups. J-Hope spoke up immediately when we walked in. "Hey, guys! We got company!" They all stopped speaking and looked at me.

I stood like a deer in the headlights, awkwardly shuffling as I could feel them sizing me up. An older looking boy, who was incredibly handsome, looked over at J-Hope. "Is she packing?"

J-Hope shook his head. "No, this is all she bought." He gestured to my wallet, phone and keys I was clutching tightly.

The guy looked over to the one who answered the door and nodded at him. Before I could protest, he grabbed the items from my hand and walked off with them. I looked at J-Hope who just avoided eye contact. "Don't worry," The guy responded as he climbed to his feet. "You'll get them back. We have rules here. No filming, recording, taking pictures, etc. When you leave, we'll return the stuff to you. Sound reasonable?" I nodded. He smiled at me. "Good! You must be Sloane, then!" He held out his hand. "My name is Jin, but everyone calls me the Godfather."