Chapter 9

WARNINGS: ALCOHOL & DRUG USE, LANGUAGE

            The party went on well into the night. Amy and RM talked each other's ears off. Angela danced with Hoseok for a bit, but then ended up going and getting a drink with Suga. The two of them drank and flirted obviously with one another over the course of the night. I sat and talked with Knuckles and Jin the whole time, discussing music, movies, just everything. If I didn't know any better, I would would've thought that these seven men were just average every day guys who didn't do anything bad ever.

At one point or another in the evening, I needed another drink. I climbed to my feet and stumbled to the bar to get it. It had been ages since I'd been truly drunk, but here I was, feeling like a million bucks as the liquor coursed through my veins. The bartender handed me another rum and sprite and I walked back over to where the rest of the group was.

I sat down between Jin and Scorpion, taking a long sip of my drink, feeling no pain. At least – that is – until I looked up at the dance floor. There was Hoseok – dancing with a girl. I'm not the jealous type. I didn't know what we were, and I didn't really care if he danced with other girls, but something about this scene made my skin run cold. Maybe it was the fact that he was behind her, rubbing his hands all over her body with his face buried in her neck. Maybe it was the fact that she was without a doubt one of the most beautiful women I'd ever seen with her long, silk straight black hair and her perfectly tanned and toned body that was busting out of her dress. She was way prettier than me and he seemed way more into her than I could stomach.

I must have been glaring hard because Scorpion nudged me lightly. "Everything alright, Sloane?"

I looked at him and sighed heavily. "Yeah. I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

He shook his head. "You look like you're about to cut a bitch, that's why."

I chuckled darkly. "I'm alright..." I looked back over at the scene, feeling my grip on my glass tighten. "Scorpion, tell me something." He nodded. "What kind of guy is J-Hope?"

He shrugged. "Depends on what you mean."

"I mean with women." I explained. "Is he... a player or does he have one chick and one chick only?"

"Ah," Scorpion exclaimed. "You wanna know the dating history?" I nodded, still not pulling my gaze away from Hoseok and the supermodel. "I don't know much about it. He hasn't had a girlfriend for as long as I've known him."

I looked at Scorpion. "So, what? He just doesn't co-mingle with the opposite sex at all?"

Scorpion looked over at Hoseok dancing and shrugged. "He gets his dick wet, if that's what you mean."

I nodded again. "So... Tell me the truth... Am I wasting my time?"

Scorpion chuckled. "Wasting your time? Yeah, probably." He took a hit of his joint. "J-Hope isn't really known for getting attached. He's always been the fuck 'em and leave 'em kind of guy."