Chapter 8

 WARNINGS: ALCOHOL USE AND LANGUAGE

           Angela pulled her car up to the address Hoseok had given me for the party. The only instructions he had was that me and whomever I brought with me dress nicely and as soon as we saw where we were going, we knew why.

"Holy shit!" Amy exclaimed from the backseat. Holy shit was right. In front of us was one of the fanciest mansions I'd ever seen. Two stories, white columns, and statues out front. "Did he tell you whose house this is, Sloane?"

I shook my head. "Nope, but I'm guessing whoever it belongs to is a big deal."

Angela sighed nervously. "I'm not sure if I can do this..." I looked over at her. She was biting her lip and running her fingers through her hair. "Sloane, are you sure these guys are cool? Like we're gonna be okay, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah! Yeah, we're all gonna be fine. He said that it's not a gang party. Just a regular party."

Amy smiled at me. "Well, thanks for inviting us! I was wondering why you've been talking to Cutthroat lately! It's so cute he has a crush on you!"

Angela scoffed. "Yeah. Cute."

I stared her down. "Why are you being like this, Angie?"

"Like what?" She asked, not making eye contact with me.

My jaw clenched. "Treating me like I don't know what I'm doing. If I thought they were going to hurt any of us, I wouldn't be here right now."

She nodded. "I know, Sloane. I know. It's just..." She sighed again. "Why do I get the feeling this is a bad idea? Us being here?"

Amy just chuckled. "You always think the worst, Angie!" She rubbed her shoulder. "Just relax. If it gets to be too much, we'll go, okay?"

I nodded at her. "I wouldn't bring you here if I didn't trust any of them. Trust me. When you meet them all, you'll see."

She shook her head. "At least there's alcohol there tonight... Thanks again, Amy, for offering to be the DD tonight." Amy smiled and nodded at her. We all checked our makeup and hair one more time before Angela said, "Well, let's get in there so you can see your man!"

We all climbed out of the car and walked up the steps to the mansion. I knocked on the door. A tall man in all black answered and stared me down. "Sloane Bates plus two?" I said to him. He checked something on his phone, then nodded, letting the three of us in. Once we got inside, we saw that the place was even more beautiful than the outside. People from all walks of life were walking around and they were all beautiful.

Amy grabbed my arm tightly. "I think I know whose house this is..." I looked at her and she pointed to a man in a black suit with jet black hair talking loudly to a group of people. "That's Jackson Wang!"