Chapter 13

WARNINGS: LANGUAGE, SEXUAL CONTENT, AND VIOLENCE

I sat in Hoseok's car next to him parked in dark alley, feeling nauseous at the thought of what I was about to do. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly. "You know, you don't have to do this." He explained. I looked over at him. His spiky face mask hung from his neck. His eyes were rimmed with the same dark liner he was wearing when I first saw him. He was dressed in all black all the way down to the leather gloves he wore. He stared at me with concern in his eyes. "I brought my knife. I can just-" He did a slashing motion across his throat.

I shook my head. "No... No. I wanna do it."

"You sure?" Hoseok prodded. I nodded. "Taking another life – it's intense. Once you do it, it changes you."

"I don't care." I exclaimed angrily at him. I looked out the window and held out my other hand. "You see how steady I am? That's how sure I am about this." I looked back at him. "If you don't wanna be here for it-"

He grinned and cut me off excitedly. "Oh no, I wanna be here for it, Sloane. You don't know how happy I am to see you rid yourself of this horrible man." He looked away for a moment. "I just... know how much killing someone can change you. I wanna make sure you're ready for this."

I nodded. "I've never been more ready for anything in my entire life."

He leaned in and kissed me gently before whispering, "Call him, babygirl." He moved his lips down to my neck, kissing my bare skin.

I took out my phone while he continued to kiss me and dialed Danny's number. As it rang, I swatted Hoseok away so I could focus on the phone call. "Hello?" I heard Danny's voice on the other end.

"Hey, Danny." I said sweetly. "It's me, Sloane."

I could hear him laugh. "So, you finally came to your senses! Ready to come back with me?"

I bit my lip, trying not to laugh myself. "Well, I was thinking before I do, you could come and show me what I've been missing. I haven't stopped thinking about you since that night."

"Oh yeah, kitten?" He asked. "You missed Big D?"

I covered my mouth, finding it harder to stifle my laughter. "You remember that time we got super trashed at Coral Rock and we fucked against the wall behind the bar?"

He moaned softly. "Ooh yeah... That was a nice night."

Hoseok gave me a look. I rolled my eyes. "Well, I was thinking we could... recreate it? I'm currently behind Hooligan's waiting for you. Think you're up for it?"

He chuckled. "Oh, I'm up for it, Sloane. I'll be there as soon as possible."

I hung up the phone and turned to Hoseok. He raised his eyebrows at me. "You fucked him behind a bar?"