Chapter 11

WARNINGS: LANGUAGE AND VIOLENCE (POSSIBLY TRIGGERING)

            I spent the whole day that day on edge. Hoseok had suggested I stay home from work and we just play hooky, but as soul-crushing as my job was, I didn't mind being there from day to day. Besides, if I did that, Angela would find it suspicious and then I would've had to share the entire story with her about what happened. I liked the fact that it was something only Hoseok and I knew.

But I shouldn't have gone to work that day. I kept looking out the window, waiting to see Danny standing there, watching me. Angela knew something was up with me. I was quiet, but I was never this quiet. "Waiting for someone?" She inquired after about the hundredth time I looked out the window.

I looked at her standing beside me leaning on the counter. I shook my head. "No, just... zoning..."

She nodded. "I could tell. I was over here telling you about mine and Suga's date last night, but you seemed distracted."

I sighed and apologized. "I'm sorry. You have my attention now!"

She shook her head. "That's alright. What's got you zoned out? J-Hope?" She smirked.

I grinned to myself, thinking about the wonderful man I had in my life. "I guess so, yeah..."

She laughed. "You guess so?! God, could you two be anymore in love with one another?!"

I shook my head now. "We are not in love! Just... really, really deeply in like."

"Okay, Sloane!" She said with a chuckle. "The boy is completely head over heels for you!" I groaned. "Oh, come on! He brings you to work every day. He picks you up. He's crazy over you!"

I laughed softly. "Well, if he is, he's not gonna let me know anytime soon!"

Angela nodded. "I'm sure he will." She sighed heavily. "Wow... I just can't believe it."

I gave her a look. "Can't believe what?"

She looked off wistfully and said, "What we're doing. I mean, from all the stories I'd heard about them in the past, I never would've imagined myself falling head over heels for one of the guys of BTS."

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, you were pretty quick to give up the whole, 'stay away from them' thing."

She shrugged. "To be honest, I'd never been that close to any of them before that night at Jackson Wang's house. I'd never seen their faces before except for maybe once a long time ago on the news when a few of them got arrested." She sighed again. "But I didn't know they were that handsome. Especially Suga. He's just..."