One-1

6 MONTHS LATER...

"I can't help you, if you're not willing to try."

"It's hard...I can't do it."

Meghan Townsend sighed silently while tucking her cold, black hair behind her oversized, right ear. She eyed Lucky who sat in front of her. She was trying her best to move her leg up and down but it was way too much of an hassle.

Lucky slowly tried to pull her leg up with all her might. She had a little strength, but she just couldn't use it. It was way too hard for her and that caused her to give up. She stopped and looked back at her physical therapist.

"I don't want to do this anymore, don't you see me sweating? I-I
can't move my fucking leg. It's way too hard."

"All you need is patience." Meghan replied while lifting Lucky's left leg with her hands. Slowly, she moved it up and down. "Now, I want you to try to move it with me, okay?"

Lucky nodded her head and did exactly what her therapist said. She moved her leg with the little strength she had. She watched as her leg went up and down-in a slow and calm motion.

"See, you can do this on your own. You just got to have faith and take it slow-don't rush."

Lucky blanked out as she thought about what happened at her niece's funeral. She couldn't believe that Cali was gone-just like that. Her precious little niece wasn't around waiting for her anymore. That hurt her to the core of her heart.

What bothered Lucky the most is the shooting that took place at the funeral. She really couldn't remember anything since she had blanked out. However, she could remember the bullets riddling in her back. Her skin burned and singed with each hole and she didn't know if she was going to make it. Blood seeped from her mouth and back-causing her to lose a lot. Luckily, Silas was able to rush her to the hospital since she almost lost her life.

The doctors had to remove seven bullets from her back. Unfortunately, one hit her spinal cord and her doctor diagnosed her with temporary paraplegia.

Lucky had a fit after the doctors told her that she wouldn't be able to walk for months or maybe even years. She burst out in tears and asked God why he was punishing her. People were trying their best to console her but she just pushed them away. She literally kicked everybody out of her room-including Silas.

It took her a while to realize she wouldn't be able to do for herself anymore. She tried to go to the bathroom on her own one day and almost forgot she couldn't just swing her legs out of the bed.

Lucky was just used to doing everything on her own and when she felt like it. In order for her to be independent while still paralyze, she would have to learn first. She just needed to take baby steps, but that was a challenge for her.

It was a little after twelve, Lucky noticed Silas walking inside the rehab center looking all fine. He was rocking a Nike jogger-suit with some Air Max 97's. His hair was super fresh and crisped-which let Lucky know that he did make a trip to see his barber while she was doing her therapy.

"You ready to go?" He questioned her while looking around. His hazel-brown eyes scanned the people surrounding him. He ran his big, tatted hand over his head and glanced at Lucky who just gave him a nonchalant expression.

"Yeah." She answered while staring up at him. Her man was fine and she was sure he knew that already.

He made sure she was all straight before wheeling her out of the building. It really wasn't nothing to him since he was a tall and solid guy. Lucky weighed about a good 140, so she was light to him. He helped her in the car and hopped inside.