Three-3

••••

"What are they doing back there?" Lucky questioned Silas with a worried look on her face.

He shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't know."

She blew out air while running her fingers through her thick, curly hair. Briana had been in the back since earlier that morning. Now, it was late and people were starting to leave. It was obvious that the judge was trying to figure out what he wanted to do with her.

Unfortunately, she ended up flipping out and taking the cop's gun. The officer was able to retrieve it back and take her into custody.

Omari sat beside them in silence.

"I just need to know if she's gonna be released or not." Lucky continued. "Silas, can you go and check?"

He leaned over and touched Lucky's chin. She looked over at him with her face all pouted. "Baby it's nothing I can do right now."

"I don't want her to go to jail. My sister is so young and she's about to finish school. She was just getting on the right track."

Silas rubbed her back, trying his best to comfort her.

"Man, I told Briana to play it cool." Omari commented.

Both Lucky and Silas looked over at Omari with a curious glance.

"What do you mean, you told her to play it cool?" Lucky questioned him. "Wait a minute-you knew that she was planning to do this?"

"I didn't think she was going to go through with it. Matter of fact-I told her not to." Omari replied, taking up for himself.

Silas frowned up and said, "The fuck you mean you didn't think she was going to go through with it? Nigga that's her daughter he killed."

"You knew that she was planning this shit all along and you didn't say anything. You didn't warn me or Silas." Lucky fussed.

Omari couldn't do anything but shake his head. "I apologize."

"You apologize? Nigga fuck you!" Lucky lashed out, drawing attention. Silas tried calming her down but she objected.

"He needs to leave-I don't want him here." She told Silas with a tight-frown. Omari took Lucky's demand serious and left with the quickness.

Soon, they left right behind him. After waiting for a long ass time, they were told that Briana was being transferred to the nearby county jail. The judge wasn't going to let her go that easily.

"You want to go by the grocery store or do you want to stop and get something to eat?" Silas questioned Lucky as he pulled onto the busy traffic.

"I really don't care." Lucky replied in a broken tone. She started sniffling as she thought about her baby sister being locked up. That wasn't the plan for her at all.

Silas glanced over at her. She barely cried in front of him. Tonight was different. Tonight, she didn't care about people looking at her.

He placed his hand on her thigh and rubbed it gently.

"Everything is going to be okay. Stop all that crying."

Lucky wiped her face and looked over at him. "What if it's not? What Briana did was attempted murder Silas. Do you know that you can get more time with attempted murder than actual murder?"

Silas nodded his head. "I know."

"And then she had the nerve to do it in the courtroom with a lot of legal people in the room." Lucky shook her head while gazing off. "Even in a cell, Caleb is winning-his family is even winning."