Seven-7

Hadji sat on the couch looking straight ahead. He held a frown on his face as his mind wandered. His face was bruised badly and he wore a nasal bandage on his nose. Hadji had to have surgery, thanks to Ramses.

"Baby, you have to eat." Queen ordered her son as she set a glass of juice on his table. She had cooked him a great, big meal.

Hadji never replied back. He was too busy trying to figure everything out. He wanted to know if his brother was okay. He overheard Ramses on the phone ordering someone to kill Silas, but then he walked off.

Queen neared her son and gently touched his shoulder. "The doctor said your nose is healing good."

Hadji cleared his throat and said, "Is Silas dead?"

Queen just stood there with a guilty expression. She quickly changed her look since Hadji was busy staring straight ahead. He didn't get the chance to see her face.

"I-l don't think he's dead." Queen replied foolishly. "Your father didn't say anything about him being dead. He's still looking for him."

Hadji scoffed and looked at his mom. "Why are you still here? Why are you still with him?"

Queen was taken aback by his question. She stood there trying to think of the right words. "It's...not easy, Hadji."

"It's not easy?" He reiterated and sucked his teeth. "You could easily leave if you want to. Look at all of the stuff he's put you through-he's put all of us through."

Queen just stood there fidgeting with her manicured fingers. She wasn't expecting for her baby boy to say anything like that. Usually, he was the one who was under Ramses. However, his views of his father changed when he was ordered to kill Silas and beaten severely for not going through with it.

"You're scared." Hadji pointed out. "You've been using him as a security blanket for years. You could've left back then, but you didn't have a place to go-nobody was going to make room for you and your three kids."

"Hadji..." Queen trailed off as she grew emotional.

"Nah, let me finish." He interjected. "Ramses has always kept a roof over our head, food, and clothes. You didn't want to leave that back then and you don't want to leave it now."

Queen shook her head and said, "You don't know what you're talking about."

"But I do." Hadji argued with a head nod. "Look at you, look at how you're dressed. Look at the house you're living in."

Hadji examined his mother attentively. She walked the halls of her beautiful home dressed in nothing but the finest. She kept her hair, skin, and nails up. Queen practically drowned herself in expensive perfume and oils. Her wrist, neck, and fingers stayed iced out.

"You don't want to leave this shit behind. You're scared."

"Hadji, just shut up!" Queen scolded him. "Right now!"

"What is it going to take for you to realize that he's no good for you! He almost killed me and he has people out to kill Silas!" Hadji argued back.

Queen stood there in silence, trying to bottle her emotions. She touched the side of her neck and said, "It's time for your medicine. I'll go and get it."

Hadji fumed as he sat there thinking. He had a plan and he was going to fulfill it. Whether his mom was on board or not.

•••••••••••••••••••

The six hour flight had Lucky irritated. She spent most of her time sleeping and eating. She didn't have to worry about anything since Silas was the lookout. He spent most of his time trying to get everything organized.