Eight-8

3 Months Later.

She blinked a few times, narrowing her eyes as she sat at the vanity table. Gently, the brush swiped against her cheek as she tried her best to create a light blush against her high cheekbones.

"You're still on your makeup?"

Her eyes glanced up at her mirror as she stared at the bulky man behind her. He stood there leaning against the archway with his cellphone glued to his ear. Still, he was dressed in his pajamas, making it known that he'd just got out of bed.

"Almost." She pushed out dryly while coating her brush with more blush.

He stood there a few seconds, still listening to the person on the other end of the phone as he nodded away. "Yeah, okay, yeah. Hey, I'll have the documents waiting for you man. See you tomorrow."

Click!

He ended the call and placed his attention back on the woman who sat comfortably at her vanity table. She was busy paying close attention to her makeup.

"Don't put too much paint on your face. I want everyone to know that my wife is naturally beautiful...without all of that clown shit."

"Whatever." Queen pushed out as she let a sigh slip from her mouth. She wanted to get the conversation over with as soon as possible.

"I'm giving you an hour...an hour to get yourself ready. By the time nine-thirty comes, I expect you to be downstairs with your bags." Ramses informed her as he tapped away on his iPhone. "Now where the hell is Nasir's lazy ass?"

He walked off, not wanting an answer from his wife. Instead of being concerned, Queen decided to just sit there and stare at herself. She tighten her fist around her makeup brush as she thought about her past actions.

She had a chance.

She had a chance to be free and live her life.

Instead...she chose to continue living in misery.

Flashback

Queen leaned over and checked to see if Ramses was still asleep. He was still breathing which meant he was alive. She eased out of bed and went straight to her dresser.

Quickly, she rummaged through her clothes and found a random shirt and some pants. She grabbed a hairband from her box of accessories and pulled her hair into a ponytail.

She looked over to see if her husband was still asleep. Once Queen figured he was, she darted out of the room and went into Hadji's.

He laid in his bed asleep with the blankets over his head. Queen pulled his blankets from his face, touched his shoulder, and shook him. "Sweetheart get up. We have to leave-now."

Hadji stirred in his sleep but he opened his eyes and noticed his mom looking at him with a frantic expression.

"What's wrong?" He asked but Queen shushed him by placing a finger over her lips.

"Just get up and pack your things. We're leaving, now." She demanded while standing up straight and leaving out.

Hadji looked around but he eventually got his senses together. He stood up and quickly retrieved his duffle bag that was located in his closet.

While he was packing, Queen was doing the same. She made sure to grab everything she would need. After filling her two bags, she brought them to the front. Hadji was bringing his third bag in the front as well.

"You want me to drive?"

"Uh, no." Queen replied in a whisper. "Just put our bags in the truck...I'll be right behind you."