t w o

C H A P T E R T W O

"stop being dramatic"
i buried myself further into my pillow and duvet.
"you don't get it sicheng, i can't face them again after last night"
he laughed as he leant on my door frame with his arms folded across his chest.
sicheng moved through the mess on my floor and sat on the end of my bed.
"you've got to go to school, besides it can't be that bad"
i sat up and looked at my ridiculous older brother.
"not that bad? it was so awkward after!"
i flopped back down onto my bed and cringed at the memory i had of my shy awkward self.
"they must think i'm really rude" i pouted.
sicheng rolled his eyes and got up from my bed.

he moved to my wardrobe and opened the doors widely as he looked through my clothes.
once he found an outfit that he thought was suitable, he tossed it towards me.
"they don't think you're rude rennie, it was your first kiss so ofcourse you'd be awkward"
he ruffled my hair and walked out of the room.
i groaned and began to get ready, knowing i wouldn't win against sicheng.

"are you okay cutie?"
i flinched and removed my head from my hands.
"y-yeah" i replied as i looked up to see the familiar pink haired boy pull up a chair next to me.
not spotting the platinum blonde, i became confused, since the two were always attached at the hip.

"where's the other half of nomin?" i asked worriedly.
he pinched my cheek and cooed at my worry to which i slapped his hand off of my face.
jaemin laughed and sat up in his seat.
"he's ill, i'm going to go visit him after school" i pouted, feeling sorry for my friend. "you can come with if you want?"
i began to shake my head no but paused when he stuck his bottom lip out and began acting all cute so that i would do what he wanted.
"please rennie, it will make jeno very happy"
i sighed as he kept begging me to go with him after school.

"fine, don't know why you wouldn't want to be alone with your boyfriend though" i shrugged as smiled brightly.
"thanks cutie" he said in a sing-song voice.
i rolled my eyes at the name, trying to hide my small smile, and nodded at the boy.

our conversation probably would've lasted much longer, due to his persistent nature, but it was interrupted when the teacher walked in and the lesson began.
"i'll talk to you at lunch cutie"

i arrived at the cafeteria a bit later than the others.
i reached the round table in the corner where we normally sat, and joined my five friends.
"no you're wrong" was the first thing i heard, coming from donghyuck as he pointed at chenle.
"no i'm not!" chenle defended.
"are you sure" jaemin added as chenle nodded energetically.

"what's going on?"
jaemin sighed and rubbed my thigh with his hand, making the tips of my ears flush but thankfully my hair was long enough to cover them.
i looked at the boy next to me who just shook his head and went to answer my question.
"chenle is just being weird"

i nodded and began eating my food.
"why were you late to lunch?"
i shrugged and put down my plastic fork.
"i had to call someone"
jaemin nodded and continued eating his own food with satisfaction.

"so renjun" jaemin said as he looked up to me "i have a question to ask but i don't want you to take it to heart or anything, i don't mind if the answer is yes"
i tilted my head to the side in confusion and furrowed my brows.
"have you been avoiding jeno and I since the kisses on friday?"

i almost choked on my food as my face reddened slightly.
"n-no" i tried to state but it came out more like a question that i intended it to.
he pouted, not believing me.

"rEnjun" chenle screeched "back me up!"
i raised an eyebrow and chuckled slightly.
"what is it"
donghyuck leant on mark's shoulder in frustration, causing the older to blush slightly.
"isn't it true that if you drink sugar drinks upside down you won't get hyper because it goes to your head instead of your body, so your body stays calm"
i looked at him in disbelief as donghyuck muttered a 'see' into mark's shoulder.
"no"
chenle looked deflated as he sulked and leant sideways into jisung.
jisung smiled at chenle and leant his head on top of chenle's as they both closed their eyes.

i froze in my spot when i found out flash of my phone was on, and directed straight at the young couple.
i smiled sheepishly and lowered my phone.
"send that to me" jaemin begged through laughs as i joined him in his chuckles
"ofcourse"