Gabe

Violet~

It's been a week in counting since the move to L.A. and to Violet, she had endured 5 days of executive after school detention, being the recipient of single handed harassment from Leah, as well as getting a job at a coffee shop in the city. The latter was the only thing she was subjected to voluntarily.

"Hi, can I help you?"

The blonde girl before her was the standard customer she had to deal with. Californian white girl with enormous sunglasses to match her own superficial ego; the clothes were always fashionable and tight fitting and her bleach blonde hair was unnaturally perfect.

"Well duh, give me one of your tall non-fat no whip pumpkin spice latte." The girl held a credit card between her perfectly manicured nails and went back to furiously texting something on her phone.

"Gabe I need a shallow Californian girl drink, pronto."

Gabe grinned back at Violet as he started to make the overrated drink. She smirked in his direction and attended to the next customer.

"Hi can I help the next customer?" she bit her lip.

"Darling perhaps I can help you?"

A smug smile spread on Chad's face as he went up to hug Violet from behind the counter, she returned the hug gleefully.

"What are you doing here?" she asked surprised he was at her job.

"Getting my tall non-fat no whip pumpkin spice latte on! It's fall sweetheart, to a Californian we don't anticipate any seasonal changing of the leaves color. We order coffee and wear uggs, no matter how cliché sweater whether is."

Violet stared back at her very gay friend, suppressing her giggle. He was being very serious.

"Well I see…." She paused, turning towards Gabe once more. "Gabe, one more white girl latte!"

"Hey!" Chad playfully pushed Violet while she laughed at him. "Don't subject me so lowly. I actually take offense to that."

"Oh shut up. If you had a vagina you'd be just like those stuck up rich girls who come here everyday."

"If…" he smirked, arching one of his caterpillar eyebrows at Violet.

"Hey Violet got your two -whoa!" Spilling half of the hot searing coffee on Violet, Gabe fell flat on his ass tripping on a wet spot on the floor. Incoherent apologies flowed from his mouth.

"Its really okay. I'll…I'm just going to go change. I'll get you the mop afterwards." Violet awkwardly shuffled to the bathroom, her lavender peasant skirt dripping hot coffee on the floor. Looking into the employee bathroom mirror, she saw the coffee stains smudging her white long sleeved shirt. She wiped the burning liquid off of her the best she could, but she didn't really have any extra clothes.

A knock on the bathroom door followed by Chad's voice broke her concentration. "Honey! Are you in there?"

"Yeah, I'm in here. Come in."

Chad walked in cautiously, making sure not to smudge his new Aldo's. Out of this entire mess she swore she saw his lips quirk up to a devious smile.

"Please tell me you have no extra clothes, otherwise I'll douse them in coffee as well." He grinned.

"Umm, no…" she stared warily at Chad. "What-do, do you? Have any extra clothes?" At this he squealed.

"Yes! I browsed through American Apparel Outfitters the other day and this snotty Valley girl bitch gave Pat and I the evil eye while coughing 'fag' near us, and ugh. When she turned around I stole her basket and bought the last stock of the denim washed out jean shorts, and oh the look on her face! You had to be there." He laughed evilly.