The Entirety of the Ugly Truth

Tate~

"You have received 10 voice messages from: Hayden!

First message: You asshole pick up your phone! How dare you ignore my calls when it was you who stole into my house and raided my liquor cabinet, goddamn no good son of a-"

Tate deleted the messages, all of them. It was 6 in the morning and he woke up with a start in cold sweats. Removing his covers he found himself in an empty bed. Usually it never bothered him but this morning it did. The memory of Friday of evening crept into his thoughts the whole weekend. It was already Thursday and he still hasn't seen Violet around school. Of course he could've driven pass her house like any other guy who wanted to visit his girl, but with the reality of their teacher student relationship tugging at him the obvious answer was hell no.

At night he closed his eyes and could feel the way her innocent eyes searched his. He took that opportunity to study her face and every beautiful aspect of it that was etched into his mind. She had a sort of doll-like beauty with her long blemish free face and quirky features. He realized that he couldn't get enough of her. It wasn't sex appeal or any other perverse reason he could think of to rationalize his infatuation. He loved how she had such a transparent face that gave away whatever she truly felt. As if she were incapable of lying. It made her seem almost ethereal and angelic. Though at the same time she was the realest thing he's ever met.

"What is she doing to me?"

.

.

.

Violet~

Violet lay awake in her bed for the past few hours. School was the farthest thing from her mind since it was practically another week since she skipped. Though this time her parents knew she wasn't going and in exchange she faked a few migraines and dizzy spells here and there. She figured that so much shit has happened throughout the week and she didn't want to go back to school and deal with it.

First Gabe has been nagging her to give him another chance after she found him drinking with his skater friends. It didn't bother her for him to be drinking but she couldn't forgive him and the way he let his friends treat her. Especially with the way he handled it.

"Hey sweetheart why don't you get over here and sit on my lap. Take off your damn layers and shed a little skin for us." His friend cooed from their little drinking circle. A couple of the other boy's girlfriends giggled.

"Vi, why don't you do as he says, you look a little warm there. Loosen up have a drink." Gabe slurred.

Violet glared at the lot around her the through burning eyes. It was Gabe who asked her to skip school so he can invite some of his friends to her house. She foolishly agreed and gave him a spare key. While she went out to buy a pack of cigarettes from the store she returned home to find Gabe and his friends gathered in her basements. With candles lit illuminating the dark and deafening punk rock nearly shaking the house, she was pissed.

"What the hell Gabe, I told you my dad's coming back for an appointment in a couple hours. I want all of you out, now!"

"Oh c'mon I'm sorry babe. Just don't ruin everybody else's buzz, just drink a little you'll feel better."

Violet saw Gabe's friend beside him roll a piece of paper in one hand and take out a Ziploc bag of weed in the other. On his lap a piece of transparent paper curled at the ends. He expertly placed the rolled up paper at the end and sprinkled the contents from the bag over the transparent paper. Rolling up the joint he twisted the ends and brought the joint to his lips. As he lit it up and let out a puff, Gabe reached over and beckoned for his friend to pass it down. Gabe placed the joint between his teeth and curled his lips around it, taking a long drag and releasing the smoke in front of Violet's face.