The First

Violet~

Violet swung her legs back and forth as they dangled from the edge of the empty pool deck. Gabe informed her that this dank, abandoned warehouse was once a movie set warehouse or something of the sorts. There are tons around L.A. for obvious reasons, but this one most conveniently had a built in pool that lay desolate for years probably. That is until one night a couple of middle-classed stoner bums who knew how to pick a lock chanced upon it for a sort of modern teen speakeasy. And in its former glory of prolonged usage by skaters, its pale green walls blossomed with an array of cracks and rust, highlighted by the warm tones provided by the secondhand lights hung askew throughout the entirety of the warehouse. Below she could see glimpses of Gabe's blue beanie glide across the empty pool bottom effortlessly. As if skating were second nature to him. And as somewhat impressed as she was, Violet was awfully bored and noticed her thoughts keep drifting back to her talk with Mr. Langdon.

Last night she remembered walking home still taken aback. She couldn't shake off the way his thumb stroked her scars, or the way he looked straight into her eyes when he said all those things. Even when she wanted to shy away her gaze it wasn't in her control, which was what really scared her.

"Yo Violet!"

Gabe rounded around a lamp that sat in the middle of the ground and stepped off his skateboard. Climbing up the ladder her eyes followed his every grip on each rung, an evil thought creeping in her head. She quickly dismissed it.

"Having fun?" she asked narrowing her eyes slightly.

"Looks like you aren't. I'm sorry." He reached the top and slung himself over the edge. Violet watched cautiously as he went over to sit beside her, closing up more of the space by slinging an arm over her shoulder. When she saw that he noticed her tensing up, she looked away immediately, a smirk tempting to tug at her lips.

"What? Did I do something wrong? C'mon Vi please don't be like this."

Violet could feel the color in her face drain when Gabe called her Vi.

Just then a change in song from the previous screaming noise bounced off the walls, and it was one that Violet kind of recognized but Gabe definitely knew. Wordlessly he stood up and looked down at her, stretching out a hand towards her. Staring at it she remained, crossing her arms at him.

"Please, may I have this dance?"

"Two people don't dance to these kinds of songs." She shot back.

"Well, we'll think of something then."

Mayday situation overload

I'm restless, obsessed with your future

And all my worries they don't bother you.

Collected, you render me useless

Taking his large hand in her small ones she stood before him and waited for his next move. She couldn't even think when he drew closer to her, filling in the gap between them by snaking his arm around her back above her waist. Pulling her closer to him. He kept his hands there while she hesitantly hooked her arms around his neck. The song started to pick up and she had no clue where this was leading when he started to move her body and make her sway with him.

"I don't know how to dance. This is stupid."

She almost gasped when he dropped his head towards the crook of her neck. He wasn't too much taller than her, probably by a few inches since Violet stood at her own at 5'6. She never thought she was tall or special or a stand out, but from the attention she was receiving by Gabe she actually felt kind of pretty.