Friday Night

Tate~

"So what exactly does a Friday night entail for Mr. Tate Langdon?" Two slender arms wrapped around Tate's broad chest, averting his focus on paper grading. The sad thing was he already knew who the intruder is.

"Go away I'm busy."

An evil laugh cackled through Hayden's small figure as she unhooked her arms from Tate's frigid form. As if she were some psychotic nymphet who was the undoing of an equally deranged partner. (Unfortunately that wasn't too far from the truth.)

"Oh c'mon sour puss, nobody likes a buzz kill at the party." Lifting Tate's chin to meet her gaze, Tate saw the dangerous mix of lust and excitement that possessed her hazel eyes, the dilation of her pupils a clear indication that she was on something.

"Party?" He repeated.

"Now you're catching on." Hayden fell onto the bed with Tate's back facing her, refusing to abandon his desk full of essays. "A grand reunion with some of your old frat buddies...a little booze and coke...it'll be like old times, partying with track star Langdon."

Tate's teeth grit at Hayden's ignorance; back then Tate was a pathological liar who ate up people's sympathy and likewise, they ate up his act. Hayden and the rest of the scene commended his basket case lifestyle, but they had no clue about the true horrors below the surface.

Turning around in his chair Tate was going to do what she really came for, to reconnect with Taint.

Sauntering towards the bed, he met her gaze and he knew that his eyes must've looked darker than what he lets on for the rest of the world because he could hear her breath hitch in her throat, and it was adorable, really. "It has been a while, hasn't it? And you're absolutely right, I'd love to just to do a few lines with my buddies, you know, like old times."

Approaching her now stiff form, he couldn't help but smirk. She narrowed her eyes, in denial of her fear. "Oh God how I missed this."

In that moment something snapped in Tate. "You crazy bitch I want you out of my house! If you ever think about breaking into my house again I swear I'll bash your head in with a shovel and beat you bloody."

To this Hayden laughed her fears away. "Love, you always have been a sick fuck. But a good one too." Lifting herself off the bed, she stood in front of him. "Don't get me wrong I don't doubt any of your dirty fantasies, in fact they make me feel all horny." Tate scowled. "But baby, remember how you said we were written in the stars?"

"You know I was doped up when I said that garbage."

"Don't say that!" She yelled, equally pissed as he was. "You're treating me like I'm lower than scum, but I have feelings! You just don't give me a chance." She lifted the back of her hand to stroke his cheek. He slapped it before she could even touch him.

"Hayden you disgust me. Get out." Without arguing she put her hand to her side, her gentle expression returning to its former bitterness. Lifting her chin up she stood without daring to glance at him, turning on her heel she walked out of his bedroom. It was when Tate heard the slam of his front door that he grabbed the lamp beside his bedside and threw it across the wall, watching the bulb shatter like a firecracker that soared into the air and went everywhere all at once.

Tate stared at the mess on the floor until he noticed a sticky note on his desk. He walked to his desk to read that it was an address, probably to the party. "That dumb bitch." He crumpled it and tossed the note into the trashcan.

It scared him how much he vibrated with anger. Looking down at his desk he internally groaned at his unfinished work. Completely unmotivated and tired, Tate concluded that he needed a pick me up from the previous horror show that Hayden put on.