Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

I was scrolling down on my facebook account to check what everybody's been doing lately when I heard a sudden knock on my door. 

"Come in" I yawned. This day was tiring. We practiced over and over again like a gazillion times the new routines i've made. We want to make it perfect. Absolutely.

"Hey girl." Sky who was stunningly looking beautiful kissed my cheek. 

"Oh Skyler, you look amazing in that red dress. You look smokin' sexy. Ughm. Where the hell are you going?" Of course, I knew the answer before she could even answer me. It's too obvious. She's going to a party. Sky's a party goer.

"A party"she said flatly."By any chance I won't waste my dress for just going to the park. Duhhhhh. So, you.." she pointed at me. "Are going with me. Move your lazy butt up." Sky continued.

"No" I dont even have a dress.

"Yes" Sky answered quickly.

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"No" 

"Yes" What the ?! I said Yes. I'm such a loser. I hate myself. 

Sky laughed and tapped my hair."I won babe. You're going with me. And don't ever try to tell me your favorite aliby. I already asked you're mom earlier and she said yes." 

I lose. I strucked my tongue out and threw her my i'm-gonna-kill-you-later look.  

The party's to start about 10:00 so Sky and I have tons of time left. It was 8. Sky told me to stay where I was seating and started to rake my closet for my attire. I don't usually ask Sky's aid for times like this but damn was I tired. So with a snap, she fixed me up like a tornado. 

"Wow. Thanks Sky." I looked at myself in the mirror wearing a black satin dress which perfectly fitted me. It was not too short nor too long, I loved it. My hair was straightened giving emphasis to my face. Well my face my face.. was just the way I liked it to be - not too much make up. 

"Stop praising yourself. Oops, I mean STOP PRAISING ME."Sky giggled and tuged me along the stairs. We both said our goodbyes to my parents who were busy doing their business and with that, Sky drove off the driveway with her BMW.

#-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-#

The sounds were really loud when we neared the house, people were scattered all around and the worst part they were drunk, shaking and wiggling their butts off. Ewww. 

Wait. I know this house. This was the house where we used to... No, I can't come in.

"Sky! I hate you for being my bestfriend." I faced Sky angrily as she parked her cute blue car into some empty space.

"Sorry, I took the other way to come here so you wouldn't notice but I know you'll thank me one day." She answered. I glared daggers at her. "Okayy, Katie. Generalization?! Forgive and forget. And I bet he's not here right now. He'd probably gone out with some slut already. I promise you, you won't even see a shadow of him." Skyler assured me .

I wanted to go home but I didn't have any other choice. Chin up. Katie. You're a cheerleader.

Without saying any word, I got off Sky's car . Boy, I miss you. 

The party was filled with raging wild young adults. It's a forest in here! Monkeys were clinging on the stairs, lions were roaring and bitches were flirting with the bulldogs. Skylar was nowhere to be found. I sat in one corner of the house with a glass of wine, mentally killing each of the boys who looked up and down my body. Hungry hayeenas surrounded me! Bothered, I went upstairs and found the terrace all by mself.

Fresh air filled my lungs and indeed the starry night with the moon and the stars defeating the darkness outside accompanied my loneliness. Then a sudden feeling of sadness washed over me. I was lonely-no one was here with me, no one wrapped his arms on my body. I used to.. on this same balcony. The wind blew hard causing me to shiver. 

"It's cold in here. You'll get sick, Katie."

I turned my back and saw a very well looking Matt. Thanks to self control, I prevented my jaw form dropping.  Matt was wearing a gray V neck shirt and black jeans. His hair was a mess which made him even look better.

"My skin's too thick. Hi, Matt." I greeted him as he stood next beside me.

"Pretty Katie's too confident." he smiled graciously.

I'm not. I didn't like the atmosphere so I changed topic.

"So, why are you up here? The party's downstairs." I asked searching for an answer in his green eyes.

"Some bird told me that a lonely girl's up here so I came here. I'm good for a company." He offered.

"No thanks. I can handle myself." I rejected. 

"Okayy, if you say so. So Katie, I was wondering..Hmm. How about you show me around the school tomorrow. A schoolguide, maybe?!" Matt asked and flashed a cute grin on his face. Beautiful.

I can't resist the adorable smile so I said . "Yes, I could." 

"Thanks. I'll make it up to you. I promise." 

Promises.

"Way to go, Matt." I cheered.

"Katie. Found you!" 

I looked back to see a half drunk Skyler. 

"Yes you found me Sky."I laughed sarcastically.

"We're going home. My boyfriend called me and he said he don't want to see me in this party. He's coming." Sky uttered.

"Now you're boyfriend's being protective. Cute. Okay, we're leaving in a minute." 

I turned to Matt who was looking at my face with intensity. 

"Matt. I need to go. See you tomorrow. Bye." I waved goodbye. Half turning my back away from him, he grabbed my wrist and whispered in my ear.

"You look beautiful, Katie."

I blinked. I didn't say a word and grabbed Sky's hand and headed towards her car hastily.