Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

The piercing sound from the radio woke me up. It was resonating throughout the small house.

A fresh looking Mr. Smith greeted me good morning.

"Good Morning" I smiled under the strands of hair falling my face.

"Sally is outside with Matt They're preparing our breakfast. Nobody escapes our house without getting a taste of my wife's mouthwatering white pasta." Mr.Smith warned me dimly.

I followed him out and saw Mrs. Smith and Matt in a deep conversation around a picnik table they just set out outside.

"Oh, you're up. Come, let's eat. I guess my husband already told you that you must taste my cooking." Mrs. Sally winked at me just as I sat beside Matt.

He greeted me good morning and I did the same.

"Oh yes. I can't wait to get a taste of it." I exclaimed getting the pasta across me. Just by the aroma, I can really tell that the white pasta was succulent.

Hmmmmmmmmm. Firewoks exploded in my mouth.Words can't express how much the food tasted but to sum it up it was heavenly.

Much to my surprise, Matt whispered softly on my ears.

"You eat too much. You'll get fat and I know you would'nt want that."

Matt for once again was being a jerk. He's really doing a good job on making me curious about my weight.

"Thanks for reminding." I sent him a fake smile.

Having breakfast with the couple was so much fun not just because of the tasty foods served on their table but for their cordiality and openness.

It was good having to hear their whole love story which again reminded me of my parents. There were times that they chattered about me being single and that the man sitting beside me was the best groom to accompany me to the altar. Oh, that was so hilarious. I haven't even finished high school and even my parents aren't prepared to lose their only their daughter yet.

I blushed like a lot of times. Our little picnik ended when the clouds started darkening, signaling us to get inside and head home.

"Katie, I fixed the tires of your car already." Matt told me as we went out the house after telling our sincerest goodbyes to the Smiths.

"Thank you so much Ma.."

Mrs. Smith called my attention from my back.

"Katie, will you give this blob to your friend-the one you were with the other day. What was his name again? Aaaah, Chace.I guess this belongs to him."

Mrs. Smith handed me the small thing which I recognized very well.It was the same thing that he usually plays whenever he does nothing.

Mrs. Sally, after kissing me on the cheek, went to Matt and whispered something in his ear. She may have told Matt something very intruguing that caused him to put some smile oh his face.

"You were with Chace before the beach party, er?" Matt asked me as Mrs. Smith who was afraid that it might rain went back inside their little house.

"Yeah. Since my tires got flat, he gave me a ride there. You know him?" The thing was so cute and squeeshy so I played with it.

"Sort of."

Lightning growled over and over again.

"It will be raining in less than a minute. Let's get going before the road gets wet." Matt walked over his car and started its engine. He drove off that quick. Matt didn' even dare to wait for me.