Chapter 2 - Sparkle Beach Resort

Junhoe and his father left their house even before the sunrise. Junhoe immediately fell asleep in the car when they started the drive. He did not know how long he's been asleep but he woke up because of the sunlight. It took him a moment to realized that he was in the car with his dad.

"Well good morning." His father said while sipping a cup of coffee.

"Where did you get that?" Junhoe asked his father sleepily.

"Drive through." His father said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"And you did not buy me one?" Junhoe complained.

"Well you are busy sleeping with your mouth open so I did not bother to wake you up. And besides we are almost there." His father said.

Junhoe's mood was immediately lifted when he looks outside the car window. All he could see is a long stretch of sea and some beach resorts here and there. He was staring at the waves and was already thinking of what he should do the moment when he arrives in their resort.

After about 10 minutes of drive, they finally arrived in his family's beach resort. When he stepped out of the car the word Sparkle Beach Resort greeted him. It's been so long since he came here that he forgot that his sister named this resort. It was called Sparkle because back when they were kids, his sister would say that the sea looks like they were sparkling because of the sun. And it still looks sparkling as he looks at it now.

"Come on Junhoe." His father said as he walks inside the resort.

Junhoe followed his father and was greeted by the staff. The manager was waiting in the lobby and immediately greeted his father when he saw him. While they were busy talking, Junhoe head over to the veranda to look at the sea. He missed going on vacation here in the beach resort. Back when he was a kid, his parents would always take him and his sister here every summer.

His trip back to memory lane was interrupted by the vibration of his phone in his pocket. He pulled his phone out and read Jinhwan's name on the screen.

"Hey hyung!" Junhoe said as he answered the phone.

"How's the resort?" Jinhwan asked.

"It looks great. I can't wait to take a swim and have a vacation here." Junhoe said eyeing the surfing board that the surfers have been carrying around.

"How's--" Junhoe did not hear what Jinhwan said because someone poke his side.

"What the-" As he whirls around to see who pokes him, a smiling Yunhyeong was standing in front of him.

"What are you doing here?" Junhoe asked in surprise.

"The question is, what are YOU doing HERE," Yunhyeong said as he made a gesture of showing off the resort.

"I asked you first. Why are you here?" Junhoe said a bit annoyed but happy at the same time to see his friend.

"I'll be working here as an assistant to the chef for my internship," Yunhyeong said beaming.

"Wait... You'll be working here? How did you get in?" Junhoe asked.

"I asked my dad to ask your dad," Yunhyeong said grabbing the phone in Junhoe's hand. 

"Hello Jinhwan hyung! How are you?" As Yunhyeong talks to Jinhwan, it took a moment for Junhoe to realized what he just said.

Junhoe grabs Yunhyeong's shoulder so that they are facing each other.  "Wait. You mean to tell me that my father agreed for you to work here?"

"Yup." He then continues to talk to Jinhwan after answering Junhoe's question.

He does not know if he will be mad at his dad or not. He barely agreed to have Junhoe in the resort but he agreed to Yunhyeong's request of working here. He was so annoyed that he grabbed the phone in Yunhyeong's hand and put Jinhwan on speaker.