Chapter 4 - First Day

The start of Junhoe's internship was not what he expected it to be. He was an hour late but he doesn't mind because he is the son of the owner of the beach. However, he was pretty annoyed by how the manager of the resort scolded him in front of the employee who, according to the manager, is the guy who will give him orders. But as Junhoe sat in the guest lounge of the resort, he peaks a look at the receptionist named Bobby. And just by looking at him, he knew that he will not be hard to handle. He could not boss him around because he doesn't look like the type to do so. When he first approached him in the reception area, the guy could already tell that he is rich and by the way, he nodded to Mr. Lee, it looks like he could not believe that he will be bossing around someone like Junhoe.

It was almost lunchtime when a guest walk inside the resort. Junhoe was wondering as to how people would go to their resort at this time of the year. It was autumn and the wind was getting colder as the days go by and not many people are swimming in the beach. Only a few people were surfing and most of them look like a local in the place.

"Good morning! I have a reservation for 3." Junhoe heard one of the guests say.

Junhoe tune out the conversation between the guests and Bobby and continue to scroll on his Twitter. He likes how fast the internet connection is in their resort.

"Hey Junhoe!" Junhoe heard Bobby calling his name but he pretends not to hear him.

"Junhoe!" Bobby's voice was a bit louder but still Junhoe pretends not to notice.

*TING* Junhoe knew that it was the bell that the receptionist used to call the bellboy. He was not a bellboy and he will not take orders from an employee.

"Excuse me Ma'am." As he heard Bobby say this to the guest, he saw him in his peripheral vision as he stands up from his desk and leave his spot. He was now walking towards Junhoe but once again he pretends not to care.

"Junhoe." Bobby tapped Junhoe's shoulder and he knew that he could no longer ignore him.

"Yeah?" Junhoe said in a bored voice.

"Grab a luggage cart and assist our guests in their rooms," Bobby said.

"Why?" Junhoe said raising his eyebrows.

"What do you mean 'why'? It is your job to assists our guests with their things." Bobby said.

Junhoe leaned back to have a look at the guests who were now looking at him and Bobby. He looks at their bags one by one and then he looks back at Bobby.

"Their bags are not that heavy, I assume. And if you want someone to assists the guests, why not do it yourself? I can sit in the reception area for you if you like." Junhoe said then gazed back at his phone and continue scrolling on his Twitter.

He was waiting for Bobby to walk back to the reception area but he did not leave his side. He was getting annoyed by this guy more and more as he keeps on standing there.

"Look, I don't want to tell Mr. Lee that you are not following my orders and I wouldn't want to be the reason why you will lose your internship.  So if I were you, I would stand up and grab a luggage cart and help our guests." Bobby said in a calm voice.

"Are you threatening me? Because I am not scared." Junhoe answered without looking at Bobby.

Junhoe internally celebrate when Bobby move from where he was standing. After a few minutes, he decided to have a look at Bobby but he noticed that he is not walking back in the reception area. When he looks around he just saw him enter Mr. Lee's office. It does not take long before Mr. Lee came storming out of the office followed by Bobby.