Sunday Pancakes

We all sit around the breakfast bar, laughing at Michael failing to make pancakes. "Hey well, why don't you try!" He laughed spilling flour on his 'I'm the boss' apron.

I jumped off the chair, pulling the bobble off my wrist tying up my long locks into a pony it was a little messy on top, so I pulled a few strands down to frame my face.

"Hey come here, let me help." I laughed pulling the whisk from his hand and planting a peck on his cheek. Michael smiled and shook his head.

It took a while to get the mix looking.. 'normal'. As I stirred, he cleaned and the boys made jokes.

I was comfortable around them, Luke the most, not including my brother. We got close a few years back when we were put in the same English class, he's a year older than me but, I was moved up a year.

Then I introduced him to Michael and they became great friends.

Calum has always been nice to me, but I'm always a little shy around him.

And Ashton... I met him when he came over for band practice one time with everyone. They introduced him as the drummer of the band and I always thought he was really cool, and I loved the way he played with such passion. Then I realised I had a crush on him and it just got bigger and bigger. As I'm such an idiot, I fail at trying to be cute or 'make a move'.

So we're just friends, in both our books.

Calum came over and helped Michael cook the pancakes, so I went and sat back down in between Ash and Luke. Passing them both a glass of OJ, Ashton took the glass from my hand and his fingers brushed mine.

I looked up into his hazel eyes, shocks went through my whole body, he had to feel it to.

We stayed like that for a second until I snapped out of it and let go. "Um thanks, Zara" He said in a husky voice.

God the way he said my name.

I saw Luke smirking in the corner of my eye and I felt my cheeks flare.

I gave him a death stare. He was the only one who knew about my liking Ashton. It was going to stay that way.

Calum came over and gave us the plates of pancakes we all had three each, we were starving!

We all ate together and joked about how we were lucky that Mikey didn't set fire to the kitchen.

"Hey Ash, can you pass the syrup?" I said shyly. He carried on looking down, I knew he heard me.

I looked over at Luke on my right, and pulled a confused face.

"Ashton." Luke said. "Ashton."

"What?" Ash replied.

"Zara asked if you could pass the syrup."

"Oh sorry." He said passing the sauce.

"What's up?" Luke asked slightly annoyed.

"Oh nothing," he looked up eyeing Calum. "Just didn't sleep too well."

"Right, if that's all it is." Luke finished.

That was strange.

We all finished breakfast, and I asked Luke to come to my room so we could talk. Leaving Mike, Cal and Ashton to clean up.

I felt the heat of Ash's eyes on us as we walked up the stairs.

We made it to my room and I closed the door behind us.

"So what's up?" He smirked.