The Other Side

Climbing up the wall was one thing, but going back down was another. 

To Naerys it seemed like she could never catch a break.  But it was all worth it once their feet finally touched solid ground. 

The other side of the wall was a drastic change from the most northern side. It was green and lush, while the other was an arctic tundra with no greenery in sight. 

Tormund leads to group with Naerys close to his side. Ever since the kiss, he's been more attentive to her. It was almost as if the kiss was a claim which he put on her. It was an unspoken commitment to each other. Where their relationship would go? Neither of them knew, but that unpredictable nature is what drew them to each other in the first place.  

"How far are we?" Ygritte asked Jon. Naerys heard them talking from behind so she slowed down her pace so that she could walk with them. Tormund gave her look before continuing walking, realizing what she was doing. 

"About a week, I think" he replied. 

"You think, why not know?" she asked again. 

"When we went to castle black, we took the kings road" Jon answered.

"That's the way almost everyone travels, on the road," said Naerys chiming into the conversation. 

"Pfft, you and your roads. Is that how you lot do your fighting? You stand on a road, banging drums and waving banners," Ygritte jested.

"Most of the time yes," said Jon.

"How do the men with the banners fight?" Ygritte asked. Naerys laughed at her questions. She was glad Ygritte asked them though. When it was her turn to ask questions about the free folk, Naerys won't feel as stupid. 

"They don't really. It's a great honour carrying your house sigil" Naerys explained.  

"And the drummers, is that a great honour too?" asked Ygritte. 

"Usually it's the young boys who bang the drums" Answered Jon.

"What good are they?"

"They help the men march"

"How?"

"Well... It's the rhythm"

"Oh, you mean. Right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot. You need help remembering that," Ygritte said as she got up and waddled around as she spoke her words. "When Mance gives the signal and we hit castle black, we won't be banging on drums so they know we're coming,"

"No, you're just going to light to biggest fire the north has ever seen to let them know your coming"

" You know nothing, Jon Snow" Ygritte said before walking away, leaving the two crows behind. 

"You know nothing, Jon Snow," Naerys imitated, causing Jon to laugh. 

"She's right you don't," said Orell trying to snake his way under Jon's skin as always. Jon's laughter stopped as he and Naerys turned to face the warg. 

"I know you cut me loose on the wall," Jon said.   

"I cut her loose too, do you see her sulking about it. That's cause she understands how things are" said, Orell. 

"Right and at Castle Black, I'll shoot you with my arrows, you know. Cause that how things are" said Naerys pissed at the fact that the warg had the audacity to talk to Jon after what he did.  

"And are you going to share it with me? The deep wisdom you found in the head of a bird" Jon chimed in, insulting Orell.

"People work together when it suits them, they love each other when it suits them, and they kill each other when it suits them. She knows that you don't. Which is why you'll never hold onto her" Orell said before walking away smiling. 

"You're a real cunt, Orell" yelled Naerys at the man walking away from Jon and her. 

Jon just looked at her, "You really got him with that one, Naery" he said with a tiny smiling before motioning her to continue walking with him.