Field Trip one shot part 2

Sequel reqested by CloudedLeopard4 not quite sure how I'm gonna do this... let's do it anyways!

After a morning of touring the tower and visiting a couple labs, Peter's class had finally stopped for lunch in the cafeteria. Peter was hungry. So he ate his food that he brought from home. Most people brought lunch because they weren't sure if there was going to be somewhere to buy food. Peter just wanted to eat his own food.

Ned and MJ sat with him while they ate.

"So why didn't you just stay back and attend the Avengers conference fom the other side of the table?" Ned asked him

Peter swallowed his sandwich before replying. "Would you rather sit still all day in spandex and answer your classmates' questions or tour labs as a field trip? And besides, I wanted to prove that I really did have an internship."

MJ snorted. "More like I called his aunt and made sure she signed his permission slip before he had any say in it."

Peter stuck his tongue out at her before taking another bite of his sandwich.

Soon the class was herded up and brought to a room full of chairs where they sat excitedly waiting for the Earth's Mightiest Heroes to assemble in front of them.

A few minutes later, the heroes all walked out onstage to sit down in front of the teenagers. What surprised the students he most was the fact that none of them were wearing fancy superhero suits. Except of course for Natasha and Clint. An assassin can never be too prepared.

"So," Tony said, "Are you gonna ask questions or not?"

There was a rush to put hands up first and try to get the Avengers attention.

"Yes, you there in the plaid."

"What's it like protecting the whole world?" One of Peter's classmates asked.

"It's a pretty awesome feeling, to know that because of our actions, billions of people are even safer." Steve told him.

"Do you have a favourite teammate?"

"Woah, woah, woah, let's not start another civil war!" Tony joked.

And then the dreaded question came. "Why couldn't Spiderman come?"

The Avengers went quiet for a moment before Steve replied casually, "Well, Spiderman is currently focused on his education. He is still in high school as I understand it. Education is very important!"

"WHAT! ?!?!" There were cries of shock, and even awe. Spiderman was their age. Spiderman was their age.

Tony grabbed Steve's forearm and pulled him offstage for a moment. Probably to lecture him.

When the crowd had calmed down and Steve and Tony returned, they were ready for the next set of questions.

"Is that why Spiderman isn't an official Avenger? Because he's a teenager?"

"No, actually. He was offered a position as an Avenger but he turned it down to be a quote, 'friendly neighbourhood Spiderman'." Tony chuckled. "He was then made an Avenger when we were on our way to the planet Titan. It was just never released to the press because we had more important matters."

"Such as Thanos." Clint finished for him.

"What school does Spiderman go to?"

"That is confidential." Tony shut down that question immediately.

"Alright, we have time for one more question." Natasha told them all.

"What's your favourite colour?" Ned asked. Because of course he did.

"Anything but green." Bruce said.