Adopted?

I felt my blood boil as I walked away to my mother and up to my room. Hell she isn’t even my mother anyways. Why would she wait so long to tell me this? Everything I’ve known is a lie!

I recalled the conversation, and Mystic Falls was the key word I had to go on. My last name isn’t even Johnson. Huh, I’m a Gilbert now.

I began to pack clothes and boxed everything up quickly. I had Sophie, our maid, help me to take my things to my jeep, my mother crying the entire time. I already called ahead and acquired a house I could live in the tiny town.

I felt saddened that I was leaving such luxury, my family was extremely wealthy and while I wasn’t much on wealth, it did have its conveniences. I guess I could be considered maybe spoiled but to me it wasn’t all about money. I was much happier with homely things, with the little handmade things my little sister would make me. Well not my blood sister anymore.

“I am leaving. I cannot believe you mother. You have lied to me my whole life.” I said, not looking the woman who I trusted my entire life, in the eye.

“Before you go,” She sobbed out, “I want you to have this, and I want you to know that I have loved you like you were my own daughter, my own flesh and blood.”

She handed me a box taped shut. I nodded as I took it and hugged her. “I know you didn’t mean to lie to me, but I really need to know who I am.”

She nodded and I got into my jeep and took off.

It took me three days to arrive in Mystic Falls. I was so weary and just ready to find my new home and relax. I followed the directions towards a huge two story house. It was a beautiful Victorian style and had four pillars holding up the overhang to the porch. The outside was darkly colored and had few windows. The back had a modern full wall of windows in the sunroom. The whole house had furniture already chosen to my liking, delivered today. I locked my car in the garage attached to the house and made my way inside and up to the master suite.

Tomorrow I would begin my search for my birth family. I wonder if my blood siblings even know about me.

*************Author's Note

Sorry its so short.
I wanted to just start this and see what direction i wanted to take it in. Please take a moment to comment and vote and let me know what you think!