Two - Tutoring

"Ever? What the Hell happened to your face?" Chelsea asks as she picks me up from the bakery since my bike was broken, and her car was perfectly fine.

"Oh, I fell when I was babysitting the twins last night." I lie to her and she gives me a look.

"Did you fall on broken glass or something? How did you manage that you klutz?" She chuckles, and I laugh it off too. She didn't need to know how it really happened. No one did.

All she knew is that my parents weren't all that supportive when it comes to me. I left out certain details though.

"So," she says after a long silence, "you never told me if Mr. Hemmings is letting you get extra credit?" She brings up, and yesterday comes flooding into my brain as I remember what we spoke about and how I was going to his apartment after school today.

"Oh, uh. Yeah. He's setting me up with a tutor every Tuesday to Thursday and sometimes on weekends... So I don't need your mom to help me after all, tell her thanks anyways though." I say, not technically lying. Mr. Hemmings did set me up with a tutor, I just left out the part where it was him, and we were meeting at his apartment tonight.

"Oh, well that's good! I hope you pass, I'd hate to have to graduate without you!" She whines and I give her a look.

"We don't graduate until next year," I remind her and she waves me off.

"Still, I don't want you taking math again next year you slut." She jokes and I roll my eyes as we pull up to school, just as Mr. Hemmings hops out of his car, placing his coffee on the roof and stretches.

Chelsea sucks in a breath when a button on his tight black shirt pops off as he does so. Mr. Hemmings curses and opens the back door, rummaging around before he pulls out a dark blue tie and places it around his neck, it hangs just over the hole where the missing button was.

"That was a wonderful sight to see," Chelsea sighs after a while and we hop out of the car, passing Mr. Hemmings as we did.

"Morning Mr. Hemmings," Chelsea bluntly flirts, throwing a wink his way.

"Morning ladies," he chuckles, running a hand through his gorgeous blonde hair.

"You've had quite the morning with that shirt," she giggles and I roll my eyes.

"Oh," he blushes, "you guys saw that?"

"Don't worry, it'll be our secret," she giggles to him and Mr. Hemmings and I both look at each other as if we both were thinking about the same thing.

As though tonight at his apartment would be more than just tutoring. Which wasn't the case, but if someone found out, they'd make it seem to be more than it was.

"Whoa," Chelsea laughs as Mr. Hemmings holds the doors open for us.

"Didn't mean to put you two through that moment of sexual tension there," she says and Mr. Hemmings chokes on his coffee.

"Excuse me?" I say, and find myself more embarrassed than I ever had been in my entire life.

"You guys totally were eye fucking each other," she smirks and Mr. Hemmings gives her a hard glare.

"Miss Silverstein I'd appreciate it very much if you would stop making such rude comments about me having an affair with a student of mine," he scolds her and then enters the teachers lounge.

"What?" She gapes when I give her a dirty look.

"Don't," I say and walk away rolling my eyes, she laughs and calls after me.

"That's illegal you know!"

Once I successfully get to math, I was terrified of seeing Mr. Hemmings. Especially after what Chelsea said in front of him.