Twelve - The Truth

Sorry if you waited for the update for so long idrk how to do this whole popular fanfic thing. Even though it's not that popular 😂 I'm not even used to this though so ideK MAN.
Anyways, if you could actually the a/n at the bottom after reading that'd be great. Thanks 😁ily

*****

"Wait, how long has this been going on for?" Luke asks, he had drove me back to his place before letting me tell him, insisting on warming me up first. He was so sweet to me.

"Eight years now, since they opened the club and got all this money. They forgot how to be parents, and I don't know what to do anymore," I cry into his shoulder, letting him wrap his arms around me as we sit in his bed, blankets draping around me.

"I'm so sorry you've have to go through that, hun," he whispers, kissing my head and rubbing my back.

"No one knows, and I don't want to tell anybody because I don't want anybody to say anything," I say, looking up at him, tears in my eyes.

"You promise me you won't say anything, right?" I ask, blinking slowly to stop any tears from falling.

"Everly, I don't know-" he sighs, running a hand over his face and I'm taken aback.

"As your teacher I'm required by law to inform the principal and guidance councillor about this-"

"I'm not coming to you as your student though," I say, rubbing my eyes and backing away from him.

"I'm coming to you as your girlfriend- or whatever it is you want to call this- I'm coming to you for love and comfort, not so you can mix this up with our school life," I say, I couldn't believe he would do that.

"Everly, whoa- okay I'm sorry. I didn't realize my silence meant that much to you, but what am I supposed to do? Where are you going to go, love? It's a really difficult situation if you don't have the proper help," he tells me, putting my face in his hands and smoothing out the worried crease in my brow with his thumb.

"That's just it," I sigh and begin crying again.

"I don't know what I'm going to do, I can't go back there because I can't stand the abuse anymore, but at the same time- I have no where to go," I push away from him and place my face in my hands, I didn't want to be here. I didn't want to be home. I didn't want to be anywhere. I wanted to be alone.

"Everly, we need to talk to someone. Get you your own place, get a restraining order against your parents if we really have to. But listen, you need to be mature and realize nothing is going to get better unless you get help," he tells me, pulling my hands away from my face.

"But what if it doesn't work? And I get sent back home? It'll be even worse- and I can't handle that, Luke- I- I can't," I didn't know what to do, I wanted him to stop holding my hands, but I wanted him to pull me in and never let me go at the same time.

God, I don't know what I want.

"Let's leave it for the night, you're too worked up. You can stay here for the night and I'll drive you to the bakery in the morning and we'll meet up where we do everyday and I'll drive you back here and we'll figure something out, okay?" He tells me, grabbing my face again and wiping away my tears.

"What about Michael?" I ask, wiping my nose with the back of my hand.

"He'll be out till late," he says running a hand through my knotted hair.

"Can I take a bath?" I ask, and he nods, standing with me and grabs me a towel and leads me to the bathroom.

"I went out and bought some girly shampoo and stuff," he admits sheepishly when I pick up a bottle of lavender bubble bath, I smile.