Seven - Motel Seven

"Glad you showed up," Damon chuckles as I meet him underneath an oak tree at a local park.

"Of course I would," I chuckle and sit down next to him on the checkered picnic blanket and he tosses me a wrap.

"Yes, well I've been stood up before though," he shrugs, taking a bite of his wrap and I frown, feeling bad.

"I'm sorry," I find myself apologizing, but he just laughs.

"For what? You're not the one standing me up," he winks and I blush, biting into the wrap. It was really good.

"This is good," I tell him and he blushes.

"My mom made them," he mutters and I laugh, he was adorable.

"Well, your mom knows what's she doing."

"I mean, obviously. She has the most rocking son," he says, growing cocky.

"I didn't know you had a brother," I giggle and he gapes at me.

"I'm hurt, Ever," he flicks a pebble at me and it hits my shoulder, I chuckle.

"Ouch," I say and he smirks, leaning over and pulling down my sleeve, exposing the shoulder that he had hit.

"My bad," he says, tenderly placing a kiss to my shoulder. I watch him, blushing, and he looks up at me through dark eyelashes and hair that had fallen just over his eyes.

He moves his head to pepper kisses up my shoulder and neck, I close my eyes and he holds my waist before laying us down on the blanket, he crawls on top of me and begins to move my hair off my neck when I stop him.

"Sorry," I say, blinking and sitting up. Feeling awkward, this was moving very fast, and I wasn't comfortable with the fact that the only reason I obliged in the first place was because I had thought back to the time Luke had laid me down on his bed.

"I just-" I try to think of a way to explain myself, but couldn't.

"That was just really fast," I scrunch my nose and look over at him. He nods, flicking hair from his eyes.

"Yeah, no. I understand," he smiles, and I smile back, but I couldn't bring it to touch my eyes.

"Well," he says clapping his hands and rubbing them together before tossing the garbage back in the picnic basket.

"How do you feel about ice cream?"

*****

"I think this ice cream thing was a good idea," I tell him, laughing. He smiles, licking his chocolate cone.

"Yeah, well you had to be all complicated and get chocolate and vanilla together," he teases dabbing my nose with his cone and I pout wiping it with the back of my hand as I go to use my knee to push open the door when it opens for me and I stumble and fall onto a body, my ice cream hitting their chest.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry," I apologize and go to stand up when I look to see that I had fallen on Luke.

"It's alright..." He says, gripping my elbows and helping me stand. I blush as I look at the mess my ice cream made over his Green Day t-shirt.

"I feel horrible," I say and grab the napkins from Damon's hand and frantically start dabbing at his shirt and neck.

"Everly," Luke says, grabbing my wrist gently and I look up at him.

"It's okay."

I didn't ever want to break from his stare, his eyes were fucking gorgeous, but I was pulled away when Damon clears his throat.