nueve

Jungkook groaned softly as he slowly opened his eyes. The light blinded him temporarily, before his eyes quickly adjusted to it. The first thing he saw was Jimin staring at him, standing next to his bed. Jungkook shot up from his bed, letting out a shout.

"Good morning! You're gonna be late for class!" Jimin cheerfully said, pointing to his watch. Jungkook grabbed his phone from its charging port and looked at the time.

8.30 am.

Assembly was at 9!

"Oh shit," Jungkook muttered as he swung off the bed. Shuffling to the bathroom, he quickly got himself ready for the day. A quick brush of the teeth and a swift comb through the hair. Putting on his school uniform, he slipped on his socks and wore his school shoes. Jimin passed him his school bag as they both left the room together.

"You almost forgot this, dummy."

"Sorry, thank you."

"Anyway, there's a rumour saying there's some sort of fire drill, so be ready. Maybe Yoongi's gonna blow up the science lab, he told me once he always wanted to do that."

Jungkook chuckled in response. They quickly made their way to school, entering the school hall. Jungkook and the rest of the school stood inside as they waited for the announcements. After what felt like an eternity, the principal stepped up on stage, tapping on the installed mic.

"Good morning students. This is your principal speaking. Today we will be having a fire drill, and I would want every student to participate actively," he said. Afterwhich, he left the stage. The bell rang, signalling the first class on the day.

•••

Jungkook's head bobbled as he tries his best to stay away in Mr Choi's class. Even though he usually didn't bother him sleeping, but Jungkook wanted him to have a better impression of him rather than the student who sleeps in his class.

But it was very hard not to sleep in Maths class.

Jungkook could not take it and finally laid his head down in the table.

The fire alarm pierced his ears, waking him up immediately.

"All students, there is a fire in Chemistry Lab 3. Make your way through the school entrance and wait for further intructions." The principal's voice blared through a hidden speaker in the classroom. "Oh, and members of the Killing Club, report to Chemistry Lab 3. Mr Choi too."

Several mutters and murmurs went around, whispering about this Killing Club.

"Killing Club? I've heard of it but I thought it was just a rumour."

"Do they actually kill people? Scary!"

"There's a club for that kind of shit? Why isn't there a Furry Club then?"

Jungkook raised an eyebrow at that comment, turning around to find whoever said that. However, he made eye contact with Mr Choi, who was giving him a straight face. As the students left the classroom, Mr Choi made his way towards the fake fire, Jungkook trotting behind.

"So, you joined the club, huh? After what I told you?" Mr Choi suddenly asked, giving Jungkook a fright.

"Erm, yes, sir."

"You do know what you signed up for, right?"

"Yes, sir."

"Oh well. I have nothing else to sa-"

"Jungkook! Hi!" Jimin's voice interruppted Mr Choi. He ran up to Jungkook, grabbing onto his arm. "I wonder what's this secret meeting all about!"

"Yeah, me too," Jungkook responded, ignoring the fact that Jimin was clinging into him quite tightly.

As the three of them made their way to the Chemistry Lab, they met Hoseok and Taehyung, who were squabbling over something.

"You swore I could scratch you with my nails!"

"But now I don't want it!"

"You can't go back on your word!"

"Watch me, Blueberry Bitch."

"Oh look it's Jungkook. And Jimin. And Mr Choi." Taehyung waved at them.

"I see Hoseok's being a pussy, huh?" Jimin giggled.

"Let's just go to the Lab, assholes," Hoseok grumbled, shoving his hands into his jeans pockets. Upon reaching the Lab, Taehyung kicked open the door. Seokjin, Namjoon and the principal standing inside.

"There you are! What took you so long?" Seokjin asked.

"Where's Yoongi?" Jimin looked around, unable to find him.

"That's why we're here. Last night, he activated his emergency brooch." Namjoon frowned. A gasp came from Jimin, who brought his hand to his mouth. Hoseok and Taehyung had stopped quarrelling with each other, instead stared at each other with worried looks on their faces.

"What's that?" Jungkook turned to Jimin for answers. Jimin reached towards his collar and pulled it down, revealing some sort of pin attached to the inner side.

"We only use it if we really need help," Jimin whispered. "Yoongi isn't the kind that needs help." His voice wavered as he realised the gravity of the matter.

"Yoongi's mother called, he didn't go home last night." Namjoon had a face full of uneasiness. "He hasn't shown up for school either."

"Oh no..." Jimin stepped back into Jungkook's arms. "Not again."

Jungkook glanced down at Jimin, who was holding his head in his hands. Small whimpers came from him as his body shook slightly. Jungkook hugged him, patting him softly.

"Don't think the worse case possible yet, Jimin," Taehyung said. "He's still alive."

"How do you know?" Jimin's voice was muffled by Jungkook's arms.

"I just know."