Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - A Walk Down The Hall

The day was long. Louis had one more period of the day left and couldn’t wait for it to be over. The sad thing was, that period was gym. Gym was an embarrassment for Louis. He wasn’t really interested in sports and compared to other boy’s abilities, Louis was lacking. That was one of the reasons he got bullied in school. He was glad that was over though.

Louis walked into the change room with a lock and his gym uniform. The uniform was a plain white cotton T-Shirt with the school’s emblem and Louis’ name on the back. The shorts were white as well and sat at the hips. Like all his clothes, they were pressed, not a wrinkle in sight. Louis changed as quickly as he could and locked up his stuff. He proceeded to the field and saw Harry kicking a soccer ball around with his friends. He was laughing and having a good time. Suddenly, a hand touched Louis shoulder.

“Miss me?” Asked a familiar voice.

“David?” Louis asked, turning around to David’s spiked up black hair, deep brown eyes and toothy grin.

“Yes!” David chirped, “This is going to be so much fun!”

The whistle blew and everyone gathered in the field. At least he had David by his side now.

****

After gym, the locker room was packed full of people trying to change and get out as quickly as possible. Louis waited for a long time to get to his things and by the time he did, everyone was gone. Or so he thought. Louis removed all his clothes so that only his boxers remained. He folded up his gym clothes and stuffed them in his bag. He could feel someone was watching him. Still half naked, Louis hurried to find his clothes. Before he could find them he heard a locker slam shut.

“Hey Tomlinson.” It was Harry and his friends.  “Have a nice run?” His friends snickered. Louis turned away, feeling vulnerable.

“Oh come on, Tomlinson.” Harry put his hands on Louis’ shoulder. By mistake, Louis smiled and blushed. Harry laughed at swung his fist into Louis’ face, knocking him into the cold locker. Louis felt tears in his eyes and his head throbbed. He could hear Harry’s friends laughing and congratulating Harry on his good, clean hit. Louis stayed on the floor, head on the locker underneath his. As Harry went to leave, he shot Louis another smirk and laughed on with his friends. Louis couldn’t believe it was the first day of classes and he was already being beaten up. Denying the pain, Louis stood up and got dressed in a hurry. He ran out of the change room to his dorm room, Harry nowhere to be seen. He unlocked the door quickly and looked in the mirror. His face was red where Harry has punched him, but not enough to bruise. Harry knew exactly how hard to hit him.

He cleaned up and proceeded to the dining hall two hours later, sitting beside David who was chatting on and on about who was in his classes and what teachers he got and the latest version of iOS that hasn’t been released yet that he got to try. Louis rolled his food around his plate, occasionally glancing at worry free Harry out of the corner of his eye. He would laugh at jokes his friends would tell him and toss his hair every few minutes. Louis felt himself harden.

“No.” He whispered to himself.

David noticed he wasn’t listening and cut in. “Not hungry?” He asked casually.

“No…” Louis said dully.

David followed Louis eyes and noticed he was staring at Harry. “Did something happen today?” David turned so he could see Louis’ face.

“I’m fine I swear.” Louis put his hand up and smiled at David. He cared so much about him. Louis stood up and walked towards his dorm. He entered and lay down on the bed, exhausted.