Chapter 15

Chapter 15 - Realisations (Louis' POV)

Louis’ POV

As I crawled into Harry’s warm bed, I came to the realization that he was comfortable with himself. That was something I looked up to, because I wasn’t sure yet if I was completely gay. Yeah, I’d had girlfriends in the past, but I had never felt this way about any of them. I guess as humans we kind of shoo away the fact that we can be attracted to someone who is the same gender as us and have it work out. If Harry was a girl, I bet I would feel the same way.

I learned so much since school started in early September. I learned that money can’t fix people or their problems, and it certainly can’t get you what you want in life. I suppose Harry learned something too. I mean, no one goes through something as life changing as this and doesn’t learn something. I know he has been through a lot and I really admired that. People could change, that’s what Harry had taught me.

As for David, I think he is an amazing friend. I know what he has been through is equally as bad as what anyone else has to go through. He is a comforting and strong human being. My thought process was interrupted by Harry’s soft hand on my cheek.

“You seem deep in thought.” Harry whispered.

“I am.” I responded. My mind was spiraling as he continued to stroke my face gently.

“Do you want to talk about it?” He asked very quietly. I shook my head.

“Tomorrow.” I placed my hand on his. He smiled and moved onto his side of the bed, still gripping my hand. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I whispered.

He fell asleep shortly after that, but I stayed awake, thinking about my whole life. I had done so little and I wasn’t really proud of anything that I’ve done, well except maybe Harry. I was extremely proud of him. I turned over to face Harry, watching his relaxed body breathe rhythmically. He was so innocent when he slept. There was no stress in his face, or no worries. He was happy, and that was something that made my heart flutter in happiness.