5

a/n: the cover says that the story is by ModeratelyViviant. That was my old username, so yeah. I'm not stealing anybody's work or anything.

"dude, why didn't you order the pizza that WE like too?" Lisden grumbled to Nico as he served himself a pepperoni pizza.

"You guys always forget pepperoni when anyone besides me plans this. Just pick the pepperonis off." Nico took three whole pizzas and left.

After dinner, the ritual began and the whole city came besides the prisoners. As Nico started with a speech, Keons scanned the crowd for Clancy. There was no sign of him. They danced and made the microphone, then threw it out. Not long after, they heard rumbling. The glass of water in front of them (which Andre was planning on spilling on Nico for revenge) started rippling. The water spilled as the rumbling got louder.

Andre groaned. "C'MON! I WAS GOING TO USE THAT!!!"

Nico frowned. "What is that sound?"

Listo ran and the other Bishops followed. By the time they had travelled all of Dema in order to figure out what was going on, there was daylight. They saw the statue that kind of resembled people holding up their phones to record a Twenty One Pilots concert. They rushed forward to find a girl and a boy, holding a jumpsuit.

"What is the meaning of this?" Nico demanded sharply. "We haven't finished the graveyard dance!"

"W-we don't know!" The boy answered. "We found this."

The girl wandered over to an abandoned drum set. The microphone that the Bishops made earlier was lying beside it.

"I'm taking you two to prison," Nico decided.

"NO!" Keons shouted. He was really too compassionate and fond of kids. "Please don't hurt them! They did nothing. Nico, please let them go. Please, please, please, please, PLEEEEAASSEEEEE!!!!!"

"Whatever. Who's region are you from?"

"We're from Nills' region. We'll head back." The boy tugged the girl's sleeve and they went back into Dema.

"Someone escaped," Nico growled. "I bet they were helped by those wretched Banditos, led by that tree arm guy with the beanie."

Lisden picked up a roll of used duct tape from the ground. "You may be right, Nico," he said quietly.

"I'll go get Katy." Nico left once again in search for the Banditos.

"He's gone!" Andre whispered so that Nico couldn't hear him. "Anyone want pizza?"

All the Bishops looked around to make sure Nico was gone, then they cheered. Well, everyone except for Keons. He was still bitter that Clancy was gone and now Nico was leaving again.

"I think I'll go get Clyde." Keons walked away sadly.

The other Bishops shrugged and went to get some pizza, forgetting to finish their ritual.

"So..." Vetomo finished his pizza in one bite. "I found a vulture for Nico earlier. His name is Clifford. I named him."

"How do you know it's not a part of the Banditos?" Nills  questioned. He tended to be very suspicious of animals.

"He doesn't have tape." Vetomo shrugged.

"Welp."

---

In the evening, Nico found the Banditos camping. Tyler seemed to be rapping while the other Banditos were dancing. He spied on them for a while. His black car was there. Nico was angry. That car was the only car in Dema! He rode over to the camp and snatched Tyler like a wig before anyone could stop him and dragged him on the ground. Tyler was unconscious and the other Banditos didn't seem very concerned... so why did they come for him?"

"SALOH FOLINA!!!" Tyler shouted. Nico exclaimed in pain, but didn't drop him. Banditos came running, but they were no match for Katy, who ran so quickly that none of the Banditos could catch up.

Nico made it into Dema the next morning. He looked at the prisoner and saw that he was still alive. He grunted and threw him into a cell. 

---

Meanwhile, Keons travelled deep into Trench to find Clancy. Clyde was probably not the best horse for him to ride because he was so small and weak, but the horse was Keons' favorite.

Keons passed a  particular place in Trench where  wilting yellow flower petals were all around him. It was hard for him to see anything.

"Banditos have passed here," Keons muttered. The sudden thought that Clancy could be one of them made him fall off his horse, which fell into the stream and was carried away.

"Clyde!" Keons was unsuccessful in saving the horse. He had to walk.

---

"I wonder what's been taking Keons so long," said Reisdro.

"He probably drowned," suggested Nico. "Good riddance."

Andre yawned and walked away to go to bed, then he saw something on the shore of the river that flowed in nine different ways through Dema. He got closer and saw a dead young horse.

"IT'S CLYDE!!" he shouted, waking up half of the people in his region. The other Bishops ran to the horse. All of them bowed their heads except for Nico.

"Keons..." Listo whispered.

"ALRIGHT, LET'S CELEBRATE THIS WONDERFUL TIME! KEONS IS DEAD!!!" Nico clapped his hands and ran to order more pizza for everyone singing Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead.

"How are we gonna tell this to everyone else?" whimpered Andre.

"I'm sure everyone already knows because of Nico." Lisden rolled his eyes.

Those in Keons' region were very sad for their leader. Keons had the qualities of a real leader (though we all know that isn't true) and they all looked up to him for the way he taught them. They all knew how strict and power-hungry the other Bishops were. Now they wondered where they would go now.