Chapter 2: Smartphones, Dumb Shit

The fact that my dad sat there and allowed that to happen to me hurt my soul. To this day, I hate him. Hate is a strong word, but it's true. I never want to see him again in my life. When my mom came home that night, I tried telling her what happened. The only problem with that was, she didn't believe me. 

We argued about it and she still didn't believe me. She didn't want that to be true, I'm guessing. That made me hate my mom even more. I had a rough and crazy childhood. My dad went off and married someone else and lived well. My only question is why.....

I called Kendra to come over and hang out with me and my brother. We all decided to go to the mall to get some clothes and things. Ken always told me that my brother was cute. I was starting to get annoyed. "Ken, why don't you tell him yourself?".

"Girl you crazy? He won't look my way anyway, I'm too young". "You'll be eighteen in like a week. And whatever happen with the guy you were seeing?". "Oh we still talking. He's nothing like your brother though". "Girl my brother don't want you. Now can we get off this subject?". "For now".

Ken's birthday was going to be fun. Her birthdays usually are. She told me that I'll meet her boyfriend at her party. She was having the party at my brother's house. After shopping and eating, we dropped Kendra off and went home. 

Later that night I called Tre. We talked about college mostly because he said he wasn't going. "What do you mean you're not going? Why not?". "Because to be honest Zee, I don't feel like it". We argued for a while about it because I wanted him to go so I can see him more often. He said that he'll be moving into an apartment of his own on campus that his parents will help him pay for.

Maybe this was what we needed. Maybe it would be nice that he has his own apartment because we could move in together. Who knows? This could be great for us.

The next day, he came over. Ryan was at work and his girlfriend had a modeling gig out of town, so it was just me and Tre. We watched a movie togther and cuddled. Yeah, it was pretty amazing. He's such a great boyfriend, I can admit. He has a tendency to keep things from me from time to time, but we're working on that.

We decided to kiss on the couch like we usually do. Inbetween us kissing, his phone rung. He answered and I had no idea who he was talking to. "Hey, what's up? What? Ok, where are you? Don't worry, I'm on my way". 

"Where are you going?". "It's an emergency with my mom. She need my help with something". "What?". "Don't worry about it. I'll see you later". "Wait! Why can't I come?". "Because this is personal". "Well I think I should be able to come. After all we are dating right?". "Yeah but, you can't come. I'm sorry I'll call you. Love you".

Just like that, he left. I was pissed that he wouldn't let me come. Maybe he's not really meeting his mom. I don't know, he's so damn secretive. Later on he called, but I ignored it. I called Ken to talk to her about everything. She said that I should talk to him, but to be honest, I don't want to. My brother came home pretty late that night. I talked about it with him and he said the same thing.

I decided to just call him. He didn't pick up the first time. I figured he was upset just like I was. I kept calling and calling until he picked up. It took me about six times to call before he finally answered. When I called, someone picked up the phone. It wasn't him. It wasn't even a man who answered the phone. It was a woman...it was Paige...