Chapter 1: Drugs Over Love

I was only three years old when my dad started hitting my mom. He would hit her over stupid things like if she forgot to wash the dishes or do the laundry. It's crazy. And the worst part about it was that she allowed him. When I was fourteen, it got worse.

He abused her physically and mentally. My mom was in a terrible place and she just let it happen. She didn't want to lose him. Her allowing this to happen was one of the reasons why I was so angry with her. I would never let a man do that to me. Where are your morals and values? You don't need him. One night went wrong. It was terrible.

My father came home drunk around eleven. Again, I was fourteen. I was doing my homework on the couch in the living room. He knocked on the door and I let him in. "Hey baby girl. I left my keys". "Whatever dad". I walked away and sat back on the couch. "By the way, this is my friend James. Go head and sit down I need to go get my shit".

James came over and sat on the couch across from me. It was very awkward because I don't know him and he doesn't know me. "So, what's your name?". "Why?". "Just trying to be nice. You do know I'm an adult right? And I don't take smart mouths to well. So what's your name". "Kendra". "Cute name". 

I went back to my homework, but I noticed he was examining me. "You got a nice body". "Look, sir, I don't think you should be looking at me that way". "I do what the fuck I want". He got up to grab me. I told him to stop over and over. My dad came back down stairs when he heard the screaming.

"Hey! What's going on". "This bitch right here got a smart ass mouth. And you know what we do with girls who got a smart mouth". "Look, just let her go and c'mon". "No. I think I'm feeling a little horny". I was scared. I didn't know what to do. I stayed quiet because I knew my dad was going to stop him. 

"Well, hurry up before her mom gets home". "Dad! Are you serious?". "Honey, I need the drugs. He won't give it to me unless he gets what he wants. Just sit there and take it". I couldn't believe my dad. I started crying and fighting back. James threw me on the floor and got on top of me. I was on my stomach when he got on top. He whispered in my ear. "You gonna take this dick. And enjoy it". 

That's when he raped me. I cried and cried and screamed, but my dad just sat there and watched. Do you know what it's like to have your parent just watching while you're getting raped. I was raped! Nobody cared. Tears would not stop. And the pain I felt physically and emotionally was unbearable. 

He raped me for all of four minutes while my dad sat on his couch and played with his phone. I continued to scream and cry. When he finished, he told me to shut up. He pulled up his pants and spat on me. "Alright, let's go," James said to my dad. Just like that, they left. I laid there crying on the floor. Everything happened so fast. I could not stop myself from crying. I was raped...