Chapter 9: With Friendship and Love Comes Drama

Kendra standing there in his clothes...this doesn't look right. She stood there holding the door with a surprised look on her face. Snatching her up and beating her ass was the right option at that point. Just pulling her hair and fighting her, bashing her teeth and nose, giving her all types of bruises. That was the answer for me.

But instead, I questioned her. "Why the fuck are you here Kendra?". "Zee, um...I know exactly what it looks like but...". I didn't want to hear anything she had to say. I just walked in the door looking for Tre. I called his name so that he knows I'm here.

He came out to the living room with just boxers on. I had no idea what to do at that point. I mean, honestly, what would you do if you saw your best friend and your boyfriend half naked in the same house by themselves. The pain I feel is unexplainable. I thought I could trust these people. How can someone do something like this to someone they claim they love? This is fucked up on so many levels.

"Tre...Why? What did I ever do to you for you to do this? Is it the lack of sex?". "No, baby you got this all wrong". "I'm gonna go in the back," Ken said. "No! You are gonna stand there and you are gonna listen. Better yet, how about you explain to me why you have on his shit and why you ain't got shit on. Huh? See, everyone wants to be quiet. But people always say Zee, you never stay and listen, well I'm here. So, talk".

I was livid. To know that my best friend and my boyfriend were having sex behind my back hurts me. I guess she was the reason why he always had to cancel dates and got phone calls he couldn't explain to me. I was waiting for someone to talk until Tre finally said something.

"Listen Zee, I swear this is all a big misunderstanding. I know exactly what it looks like...". "Yes, it's true," Kendra interrupted. "We been fucking". "What? Tre, tell me this isn't true". "Wait, Zee...", True started. "Yes, it's true. But, you been blowing people off and getting mad at people for no reason. I don't want to say you deserved it, but c'mon Zee. You really think a man was gonna wait for you while you played hide the coochie? No. So, I stepped in. And you wanna know the real fucked up thing about all of this? He's the father of my baby".

I looked at Tre, he tried to say something but I slapped the shit out of him. That's when I ran out the door and just kept running. I've said this plenty of times before, people change. Some change for the best, and others for the worst. It's crazy how much a person is willing to go to hurt you. It's also crazy how people can continue to lie to your face over and over and over again. But, what can you do when someone is being deceptive?

I ran home to lay down on the floor and cry. I was hurt. My best friend is pregnant by my boyfriend. Wow. I can't even say those words without wanting to cry. I can't trust anyone. All people ever do to me is lie, lie, and lie. I just don't know what to do with myself. Later on at night, I decided to talk to Ty and tell him everything. We met up and I needed a hug from him. Whenever I need help or advice, I realized that he was the person to talk to.

"Zee, it's gonna be ok, don't worry about anything. I got you". He said this to me while holding on to me. I looked up at him into his eyes, and then kissed him on the lips. It was for about three seconds until he stopped me.

"Zenia, wha...what are you doing?". "I reaized that you're the man for me". "No, I'm not. Zenia, you're hurt and I'm obviously showing you some affection. You don't love me like you say, you're just hurt. I could be anybody and you would kiss them. And you know it's true". "Yeah, I guess you're right".

"Besides, you had your chance in fifth grade when I told you I wanted to date you". "Oh yeah. I remember that". "Man I was so in love with your ass. And on top of that, I was only in the fifth grade. But, that's neither here nor there and we got to move past that".

He was right. I was hurt so the first man that'll show me some attention, I'd be all over him. After talking for a while, I got a call from Paige. I didn't know it was her until I answered the phone. "Hello?". "Oh my God is this Zenia?". "Yeah, who is this?". "It's me, Paige". "Paige, I don't want to hear any of your bullshit right now I...". "Ugh Zenia, would you just listen. I have some bad news about Deandre". "Whoah, what's wrong?". "He's hurt! Really bad!". "What do you mean? What's wrong with him". "Zenia...he's in the hospital. He's in a coma"...