Chapter 10-One shot can make a Difference

A/N: Here's the next chapter. I'm going to try my best to update weekly and if I do it will be on Friday or Saturday. I'm glad to be back and I should be here for a while unless things take an unexpected turn.

Recap: 

He pecked my lips again turned opened the door and vanished into the hallway. A couple of seconds later I heard some loud shouting coming from the hallway. I opened the door to see Jamie with his hand around Anthony's arm.

Jenna: Jamie?!?!

Jamie's POV

I stepped to the side, looking behind Anthony to see my roommate, my best friend, my twin sister with her head poking out of the apartment door. I quickly let go of Anthony's arm making my way down the hall.

I made my way inside the apartment and to the living room without saying a word. Looking down I saw Elli laying on her dog bed beside the couch. Her head was up, ears perked clearly knowing we were fighting.  I took a step closer to Jenna, who was standing in front of the couch folding a blanket.

"Look Jenna I..." Was all I got to say before she interrupted. "Jamie I know you're just trying to protect me, but if I wanted Dad's opinion I would have asked. So can you just mind your own business and leave me alone." And before I got to say anything she threw the blanket on the couch and gave Elli a hand command that I've now learned meant "Crate ". Elli obeyed and went into Jenna's room which then Jenna followed and shut the door behind her. 

I picked up the blanket she threw on the couch and finished folding it. I know she's mad at me, but if she would have just let me talk to her then she would have known that I was just going to apologize for not accepting them as a couple sooner. I mean I know I'm going to try to protect her because she's my best friend, but most importantly my sister. I went to my room to change remembering I told Eddie that I would meet her at the bar. I changed and left without talking to Jenna knowing she would still be mad at me.

Jenna's POV

After Jamie let go of Anthony he came down the hall I quickly made my way inside the apartment. Elli still laying on the dog bed looked up at me. "It's ok girl." I went to the couch and started to fold the blanket I was using early. I heard his work boots against the hardwood floor before I heard his voice. "Look Jenna I..." he started but before he got any further I interrupted him. "Jamie I know you're just trying to protect me, but if I wanted Dad's opinion I would have asked. So can you just mind your own business and leave me alone." I was tired of him acting like dad when it came to stuff like this. Before he got to say anything else and tossed the blanket back on the couch and signaled Elli to go to her crate. I followed her to the bedroom and shut the door behind me. As I laid down on my bed Elli jumped up and laid down with her head on the back of my neck and a paw on my upper back. I love how she tries to comfort me. 

After a couple of minutes, I heard the apartment door again meaning Jamie left. I picked up my phone and texted Anthony saying I would be there soon. I changed into a  more comfortable outfit and tennis shoes before walking into the kitchen grabbing Elli's leash off the counter. "Elli here." She ran through the living room and to the kitchen before she saw the leash and sat at my feet. I clipped it to her collar and turned opening the door. I decided to walk instead of driving since he doesn't live far and I felt like I needed a walk and fresh air to calm down.

 We were in front of a large brick building just down the street from Anthony's when I heard a loud screeching noise coming from an SUV pulling up to the curb. I looked over to see the window roll down and a gun appeared. As I ducked I heard a gunshot. I fell to the ground dropping Elli's leash and rolled to my back. My vision slowly starts to go blurry, but I could feel Elli lay her head on my upper abdomen. I pat her on the head and turned my head to the side and closed my eyes.

Jamie's POV

After a half hour at the bar, I was tired. I only had a few beers since I have work in the morning. Most of the time Eddie and I were talking about everything that's been going on lately. With the little energy I had left, I started my walk home. I was a few streets away from the apartment when I heard loud sirens. I turned the corner to see half a dozen cop cars and yellow police tape being stretched across a section of the sidewalk. I ran to what looks like a crime scene pulling the shield from my pocket.

"My names Jamie Reagan. I'm an off duty police officer. What's going on?" I asked the officer standing in front of me. "Wait...Reagan as in Jenna Reagan?" He asked. "Yeah, she's my sister. What's going on?" "I'm sorry Officer Reagan, but I can't give you any information except..." "What do you mean you can't give me any information? What's going on?" I asked for the third time. "Officer Reagan you sister is at St. Victors she was shot." I quickly reached for my phone dialing the only person who I knew was close by. "Hey, no time to talk can you meet me at my place I need a ride to the hospital!!" " Yeah, Jamie I'm on my way!"

 I took off towards the apartment. Reaching it I took the stairs and raced to the 3rd floor and to the apartment door reaching for my keys and unlocking the door. "JENNA!! ELLI! JENNA!" I yelled but, neither one answered. I looked over to see Jenna's keys and Elli's leash gone. I raced back down to the front of the building just as Eddie was pulling up.  I ran to the other side of the car pulling the door open. "St. Victors" Is all I said and Eddie started to drive. On the way, I told Eddie everything from the time I left her at the bar to me getting in the car.

A/N Sorry for the cliffhanger but you guys will have to wait till next week to find out what happens. Is Jenna ok? Who got her the help she needed? What happened to Elli? If you guys think you know comment down below.