Jealous

Oh hell no.

"Huh? Why would I do that..."

Chan looks at me as if saying 'seriously'?

I guess it's kinda obvious why I would dance with them, it's basically my job to now.

I slowly walk over, nerves racking my entire body like a virus. I look to Felix for help but he just smiles at me and nods his head to tell me to keep walking towards Stray Kids.

"I don't really know your dances, this isn't gonna work."

The members look at me confused except for Seungmin, Chan and Felix. From the nerves I can't think straight and I'm scared that if I try to speak Korean I will say something wrong.

"You've been watching us redo the same choreography for a while now, you haven't picked up any of it?"

I look down shyly. Chan has a point.

"Yeah a bit..."

He walks over and puts his arm on my shoulders. I look up and see Felix's eyes widen but he avoids my gaze.

Chan whispers to me. "You're gonna be fine, Y/N. It's those Aussie genes, we were born and bred to be dancers."

I laugh at him.

"That doesn't make any sense, Chris."

He looks at me surprised.

"Why do you call me Chris?"

Oop.

"Oh, I don't know actually, I think it suits you better I guess."

His face slowly moves into a kind smile.

"I think so too."

Felix suddenly walks over and 'subtlety' removes Chris' arm from my shoulders and steers me away.

"You ready?"

I look at him and try my best to sound confident. This is my one chance to prove myself, it's going to be the rest of the boys' first impression of me dancing. Better make it count :/

"Let's goooo!"

I jump around excitedly and Felix and Chris both laugh at me, while the others just stare at me shocked.

"Wow, you have lots of energy suddenly."

I turn to see Seungmin's amused expression.

"Yeah, I guess I do."

Chris walks over to me and guides my shoulders to the centre of the room, and the boys take their positions around me.

I turn to Chris and get on my tiptoes to whisper to him so the others can't hear.

"Do I have to be in the middle?"

"You're gonna be fine, Y/N. I've seen you dance, you're amazing. Just do your best and don't worry about their eyes. You can't be as bad as when some of us started as trainees."

I sink back down to my regular, short-ass height and smile in thanks to him.

He ruffles my hair and jogs to the speaker.

As he moves away, Felix moves into my line of vision. He is glaring at Chris as he walks away. I look at him and try to get his attention.

Like a stake being driven through my heart, I catch his piercing stare as he looks at me. I frown and widen my eyes, turning away. What's his problem?

"OK, let's get it!" Chris yells encouragingly as he plays the music and swiftly scrambles to his position. I cringe at his words, remembering those torturous episodes of JaeSix.

I do my best and manage to recall the choreo fairly well, but I catch myself staring at Minho to correct myself. My body settles into the beat and I relax more as I put all of my effort into the one thing that can take my mind off of everything in life that messes with my head.

I forget about losing my job and the feeling of being stranded alone in those conflicting starting minutes of landing here in Korea.

I forget about Chris and I kissing, the sorrow flooding my heart as I tell Felix, the one guy I have wholeheartedly loved but hurt immensely.

I forget about the glare he gave me before, watching the intimacy between Chris and I.

I think about every muscle in my body, manipulating them to flow perfectly together and create wondrous art.

The song finishes and as if we share the same thoughts, all ten of us collapse onto the floor from a perfect performance.

I sit up and crawl over to my bag and grab my water bottle.

Minho follows me over and gives me a hi-five.

I prepare myself for a Korean conversation, it'll be fine.

"Wow, Y/N, your dancing is amazing! Where did you learn to dance?"

"Actually, I taught myself. I played videos from YouTube and practised for about three or four years."

Holy shit. I just said that. I. Just. Said. A. Full. Sentence. In. Korean. And it wasn't fuck all dog shit!

Minho steals another hi-five before running over to tackle Jisung.

I chuck my bottle back in my bag and walk over to Felix cautiously.

"Hey, you did great, Felix."

I smile at him trying not to seem scared. The look he gave me before seemed to trigger something in me... I'm nervous around him in a way I have never been as if working with a bomb where one wrong move could cause an uproar of disaster.

"Thanks."

He avoids my eyes and I stand there, dumbfounded.

"Look, Felix. You don't have to worry, Chris doesn't-"

He suddenly looks at me with those piercing eyes again.

"Chris?! To fans he is Chan."

Fans? I see how it is boy.

"You know what Felix? Stop being such a petty brat and grow some balls. I can talk to other guys, it doesn't mean I'm fucking them behind your back!"

I storm back over to my bag and run out of the room, confused and concerned eyes following my exit.

~~~

Oh shite!! I was clapping and laughing so hard while writing what she said to Felix, this chapter was actually originally called 'Proving Yourself' and there was going to be a cute moment where they hugged and the members were like oOooOh but I thought this was way more interesting.

R.I.P to the GIF that was once used as the header photo

P to the GIF that was once used as the header photo