Chapter 7

"We don't even know what this stuff is. We don't know who sent it, or why it came up here with you two. I mean, for all we know, this thing could kill him." Newt ranted.

I shook my head. I thought it was a risk worth taking. But then again, my life wasn't on the line.

"He's already dying. Look at him. How could this possibly make it any worse?" I put in.

"Come on. It's worth a try." Thomas finished.

"Alright. Do it." Newt finally agreed, reluctantly.

"Okay..." Thomas held the syringe above Alby's chest.

"You shouldn't be here! You shouldn't be here!" Alby groaned, grabbing Thomas by the shirt.

I stepped back. Alby's jump scare really scared me. I noticed that Thomas had dropped the syringe. I knew I had to do something, so I quickly grabbed the syringe.

Iturned to Alby, and quickly brought the syringe into his chest. He stopped gasping and struggling.

"Well... that worked." Jeff muttered, looking between Newt and I.

"Okay from now on, someone stays here and watched him around the clock." Newt directed.

"Hey."

Everyone turned to see Gally. What did he want now?

"Sundown, Greenie. Girl. Time to go." Gally said.

Thomas and I slowly walked over to Gally, and followed him outside. I knew he was taking us to the pit.