Chapter 11

"Tie them up."

I glared at Gally with hatred.

"Wait what? No!" yelled Teresa as she was tied to the wooden pole.

Newt watched, then gave me a slight nod.

I had been dying to do this.

I ran at Gally and kicked him in the shin as hard as I could. He fell to the ground in pain, and I quickly rushed to untie Teresa.

Once Thomas and Teresa were untied, we stood in front of the entrance to the maze. Newt, Minho and Chuck stood behind us.

"We're leaving. Escaping. We can't stay here anymore. It's not safe. So join us." Thomas said.

A few guys that I recognized made their way forward.

Frypan, Winston, Jeff and some others.

"Is that everyone? Everyone who wants to come?"

Gally got up.

"You're not welcome anymore."

And turned away with the people who stayed behind.

Thomas turned and led the way into the maze. Minho stayed in the back to keep everyone together.

"Come on."

We walked through the maze. I had no clue where we were going. I had no clue which way The Glade was anymore.

"Florence, Chuck and Teresa. Guard this with your life. Stay back." Thomas gave Chuck the tracker, continued to lead the others.

I took a peak to see what they were doing and saw it. The Griever. But nobody cared anymore. They charged at it with their spears, stabbing it when they got close enough.

Chuck, Teresa and I rushed through, speeding past the distracted Griever.

The doors should have opened as they sensed the tracker. The tracker!

I turned around to see Chuck leaping onto the tracker, as it just barely dangled off the edge.

"Come on, Chuck!" Teresa yelled.

Chuck was struggling, and Teresa rushed to him, helping him up.

"Come on!"

The others were trying to push the Griever off the edge. I was starting to panic. The Griever seemed to be overpowering them.

Chuck and Teresa reached me and the doors opened up. We rushed through, only to find ourselves in front of a code pad.

"Ahh! What's the code??!!" Teresa yelled.

"Minho! What's the order that the sections open in?" Thomas called.

"7... 1... 5... 2... 6-" but he got caught off as another Griever fell on top of him.

Thomas and some others battled it and got Minho away from it.

"4! 8! 3!" Minho finished.

Another entrance opened, and the other guys rushed over, just as the entrances behind us shut.

"We gotta move." Thomas announced.

We followed him through a tunnel, then we came to a door. 

"Is that safe?" Winston asked.

Thomas shrugged. But yet we still followed him. We arrived into a room. There were monitors everywhere. I immediately noticed the bodies strewn on the ground. Thomas walked over to a monitor and tapped some button.

"Hello. If you are seeing this, you have probably escaped the Maze..."

I slowly started to feel sick... then everything went black.