7: "I Saw You On Animal Planet Last Night"

I wasn't shocked when I saw Grayson walk up the stairs. I had seen him often in the hallways at school, and even shared a government class with him. From the few photos I'd seen while walking around the house, Ethan and Grayson were identical twins, but as they grew older they became easier to tell apart.

Currently, Ethan's hair remained an effortlessly tousled mess, like he'd just rolled off his bed. Grayson, on the other hand, kept his hair slightly shorter with a few highlights that seemed to have faded. The freckle on Grayson's chin didn't mirror the one on Ethan's cheek and I noticed a single silver wing dangling from Grayson's ear.

As he turned his eyes onto Ethan and I sitting on the porch swing, looking very cozy with one another, I felt scared. It was one thing to pretend to date Ethan when we were one on one, but having to act in front of another person-- I was terrified I'd mess up.

Terrified I'd ruin this. Not only for Ethan, but for myself.

Grayson gave his brother an approving look before directing his attention to look me up and down. His glance wasn't sexual, simply taking me in to form his opinion.

"So finally got around to it, eh?" Grayson said, turning to Ethan.

Ethan's eyes narrowed at his brother, his fingers gripping mine tighter. I didn't understand the tension between the brothers; Ethan had said they'd extremely close and always back each other up.

As my mind twirled with possibilities of what Grayson could mean, he directed his attention towards me.

"Well tesora, it's certainly nice to meet your fine ass. I'm Grayson, or as most girl like to say, the better twin," he said, sticking his hand out for me.

I cautiously took his hand with my free, a mock of look of deep though on my face.

"Nice to meet you too. I feel like I've seen you somewhere before."

Grayson's smile grew wider. "Oh yah?"

"Yah, I think I saw you on animal planet last night."

Ethan's laughter felt like a symphony to my ears.

***************************************************************************************

"Oh! It still feels like only yesterday they were sitting in bathtub together and Ethan was crying because Grayson stole his ducky!"

"Oh my god, mom please!" Ethan ran a hand over his head in frustration as I suppressed a laugh, "che cazzo." Ethan's swearing seemed to deviate to this foreign language when he was comfortable in his surroundings, something I learned after meeting the rest of the Dolan family.

Ava smacked Ethan on the shoulder with a wooden spoon before turning back to the large bowl set on the stove top.

"OW!" Ethan popped his lip out in a mock pout as he soothed the spot with his palm.

"You deserved that," I laughed.

"You really chose a good one E," Cameron mused from the table as she typed viciously on her laptop. Apparently she wrote part time while making her way through college.

"Didn't know my perfect girl abused me," Ethan said rolling his eyes. I knew his words were just an act but the way he mentioned me as his girl sent my heart racing down a rocky track.

"You're just afraid of the fact that I can match you step for step, on and off the field."

His eyes darkened as he whispered lowly so the rest of his family wouldn't hear, "Just wait till we find a bed."