F I F T E E N

Aribella's P.O.V

"Listen," I slurred as I sat on the soft leather couches, "I'm just saying, I would have dated you if you weren't such a dick."

Alejandro's eyes close to a slit as he growls at me, "fuck you," he slurs right back, and then takes a shaky drink from a beer.

I giggle and take another sip of the fruity drink. I set the drink down and lean back, my head looking up to the ceiling as I close my eyes to stop the spinning, "who will kill him Alejandro?" I whisper as I squeeze my eyes again.

"Rei."

"My dad."

"Sí."

I nod and sit up, "when?"

He shrugs and takes another swig, "tonight or tomorrow morning."

I nod, "okay."

"Don't think about it, it's no longer something you should worry about," his deep voice has a raspy edge to it as he commands me.

I nod and lean my head back, its what he deserves.

My last thought as my eyes grow heavy and I let them drop.

~a month later.~

"Alejandro!" I scream as I barely move out of the way of the knife flying my way.

I glare at him as murderously as I can as he bends at the waist; laughing at me.

I let out a huff of air and turn back to my table, "watch this boys," I say and smirk as I pick up the smallest blade on the table.

I test its weight and send it flying through the air, it cuts right into the bullet proof vest Alejandro wears; his laughter stops immediately as he glances up. The glare he sports bone chilling; should scare anyone, but not me.

I giggle at his reaction and blow a kiss, "don't fuck with me."

He tosses up the middle finger and growls, "fuck you," before turning around to his group of boys.

I laugh at him as I dive into the lesson for the younger kids in our households, simple hand to hand combat.

~hours later.~

Alejandro's P.O.V

Aribella does a twirl in front of me, the edges of her sundress flying up softly before settling back against her thighs; we'd begun to grow more close over the past month.

I lean back agsint the couch, tie undone, arms spread wide, a cup of amber liquid in one hand as I watch a very drunk Aribella dance.

I laugh as she trips and almost tumbled to the ground, "careful," I murmur to her as she uses my knee to steady herself.

The cloudy haze in my mind makes me stare at her for just a second longer then necessary, and for the first time, I see her.

I've known she was beautiful since we were kids, known her body was sinful, see the innocent look she wears drag men towards her in crowds, but now I see her.

I see the pain hidden in her eyes, the way she flinches ever do slightly from the ache in her joints from dance, the soft scrunch in her nose as she takes a drink of her own.

"He's not dead," I whisper, my chest hurting from holding the secret from her for so long.

Her hand freezes in place, her body seeming to slowly turn to stone, "what?" She whispers, eyes meeting mine, begging me to not repeat what I said.