Dated

note: nothing terrible happens, but please read with caution. very uncomfy dating situation ahead. please don't read it if you don't want to :)

***

Thank goodness today was a free day for all of us. "Does it look too...I don't know, low cut?" I asked.

"Aish, Viv, don't believe everything you watch in K-dramas," Jungkook said. "Give us more credit. That outfit isn't illegal."

"You look great," Hoseok added, clapping a little. "And it's green. It's a good color on you."

He wasn't wrong. It was the perfect shade of green that made my brown hair stand out and also complimented my tanned limbs. The black heels made my legs seem longer too, and my hair was elegantly curled and falling down my back in gentle waves.

"It's almost time," Taehyung said. He was sprawled over Hobi's and Kookie's laps, half asleep. "You need to go if you're going to be on time."

I looked at my watch. "Oh, shoot." I smiled at my cheerleaders. "Thanks. I'll see you tonight!"

I ran out of the game room and made my way out of the complex. I tried to take every back door and staircase so that I would avoid other members, particularly Namjoon.

The back door to the building was just closing behind me when I let out a sigh. The sky was a brilliant orange, near setting, and I pulled my cream coat tighter around my shoulders as the wind picked up a little. Spring was still far away here, but it had been fairly warm the last week. Besides, it wasn't anything I hadn't dealt with back home.

I was through the gate of the complex and rounding a corner when I realized I was in trouble. This was the boys' favorite coffee shop. A few seconds of studying the patrons inside let me spot a blue-grey head next to a brown one. Namjoon's eyes met mine as if I'd called out to him, and in the millisecond it took me to turn my head to study the ground in front of me, I knew he'd seen me.

My feet picked up the pace, and I tried to lose myself in the crowd. It was a ridiculous thought, because I was the only Westerner in sight, and a few seconds later I heard Namjoon call behind me: "Viv!"

I turned around and decided to feign nonchalance. "Hey, Namjoon. What's up?"

"Why didn't you stop to say hello to Yoongi hyung and me?"

"Oh. I'm kind of in a rush," I said, looking down at my watch for emphasis. It felt wrong to bring the date up, especially when I had avoided him so well earlier. A ball of regret was already forming in my stomach, but it was too late to cancel the date now. Even if I had no shame, I still had some manners.

He finally seemed to notice my outfit. "You're dressed up," he commented. "A date?"

I nodded sheepishly and shuffled my feet a bit.

"You look lovely."

The compliment made me lift my eyes to his. "Really?"

He smiled at me with his straight white teeth, and my heart skipped a beat. In that moment, all of the tension between us from yesterday vanished. "Of course." His smile faltered, and the wall between us slammed back down. "But I don't think you should go."

I was getting the unsettling feeling in my stomach that he was right, but for the sake of my own pride, I would go on this date. "I'll call if anything goes wrong," I said. "See you." I turned and left him standing alone.

When I reached the cafe where I was supposed to meet Lee Jinhyuk, the sun was starting to disappear on the horizon. I took a deep breath before opening the door, steeling myself. I walked into the post-modern cafe and found a seat where I could easily see others and easily be seen. I purposely arrived fifteen minutes early so that I had time to calm my nerves, but they were cut short when I saw a slightly familiar face enter the cafe.