Fought

oH nO, a terrible misunderstanding???!!?!

yeah, i know.

***

"Is there anyway I can help?" I asked nervously. It set me on edge to just stand around while all the makeup noonas worked diligently on the boys and other women were throwing clothes at them to put on while they changed behind curtains.

"Why are you in here, again?"

I bit my lip. "Um, someone told me they were ready." I was supposed to take pictures of them getting their pictures taken during a photoshoot.

"Clearly they're not," one unnie said to me in a rush. I flinched at the comment, but I understood the stress of work and tried not to think too much of it. "Here," she continued, pushing a pad and blot paper into my hand. "Go get the oil off their faces," she instructed.

I would've laughed if I wasn't so petrified. I'd never had that dewy, natural Korean look, and I didn't know how to reproduce it on myself without embarrassing myself. Who knew what I would do to someone else? But I finally said: "Who...?"

"Namjoonie needs it the most for once," she said with a nod in his direction.

I turned around to see his eyes already on me. He smiled tentatively, and I walked over to him. My heart was already beating as hard as it had after our moment in the hallway a few weeks ago. Or at least, I thought it was a moment. It was a moment for me. And then there was the plane. There was no way that he could've been feeling similarly, or he wouldn't look so calm right now. Anyone with a piece of their heart lodged in their throat the way mine was right now would have to look a little uncomfortable, right?

"I didn't know this was in your job description," he said as his smile widened. His hair bobbed as he talked. Someone had taken special pains to sweep it off his face just perfectly. In fact, his whole ensemble was a dramatic contrast against the impish smile he was currently giving me, and the duality sent a burst of warmth into the pit of my stomach. Namjoon was hot, and it was hard to look at him without blushing.

"I'm trying to expand my abilities," I joked lamely. "Training and all that."

He laughed. "Are you going to use that?"

I looked at the paper in my hand. "Oh, right." I stretched my arm as far out as it would go so I could maintain the space between us. "Let me know if I press too hard."

"Actually, you need to apply more pressure."

I responded accordingly, even though the change was admittedly miniscule. "Like this?"

Namjoon grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him. I gasped. "Try again."

I stared at him, wide-eyed. He looked calmly into my eyes with his brown ones and flashed his dimples at me again. "Try again," he repeated.

Quickly, I pressed the paper to his face as if there were any flaws with it. I could feel his eyes on me while I focused on his skin, and my cheeks began to burn as I caught myself staring at and lingering around his full lips.

"All done," I finally sighed, and skittered a few steps away from him.

"Jeez, Viv, you don't have to hold your breath the whole time. I promise we don't bite," Yoongi called at me.

I made a face at him. "What a shame. You may just have shattered the hopes of millions of girls."

He blushed at that, but at least it shut him up. I refused to feel bad, especially because he would get me back later.

"Viv, come help me!" Jimin yelled.

I scrambled over to him, desperate for a way to put space between me and the leader of Bangtan. Unlike with Namjoon, I was able to relax as I touched the paper to Jimin's full cheeks. He smiled at the look on my face. "You look like you're studying me."