Comforted

"Viv!"

"Go away," I mumbled to no one in particular.

"Breakfast is ready," Jin said.

I shot up out of bed. "Say what now?"

"We're having Korean waffles and chicken."

I wrinkled my nose automatically, thinking back to the waffles I ate last month. Some dishes I immediately had taken to here. Others were taking me more time. "Are the waffles made yet?"

Seokjin smiled impishly. "No."

I ripped off the blankets on top of me but then quickly covered myself up again with a scream. "Where are my clothes?"

Hobi walked into my room then. "I think Joonie changed you last night."

"Namjoon did what?"

Hoseok gave me the sweetest, most playful smile known to man. "So I heard."

Seokjin rolled his eyes. "Yoongi teased him about it in the group chat."

"Turn around," I ordered, and found some pants that were left nearby. Namjoon had left me in the short dress I had worn last night, but had apparently wrestled a large sweater of his over my head as well. Both had been hitched up as I had slept during the night. As quickly as I could, I slipped out of the dress while still under the sweater, letting it fall to the ground. I kicked it under the bed and yanked the faded blue jeans on, tucking the large sweater into the waistline. Huh. I really liked this black sweater of his.

"Are you done?" Hoseok asked.

"Yes. Let's go," I said, and led the way out of my room. "I know I said I can't cook, Jin hyung, and I meant it."

"Okay..."

I narrowed my eyes. "However, the one thing I did make for myself was waffles. And I can make waffles."

An hour and a half later, seven boys were clutching their stomachs as I smiled triumphantly at them with my gingham apron full of flour.

"Jin, put her in charge of waffles for the rest of our lives," Yoongi moaned.

Seokjin nodded in approval at me. "I've raised you so well, Viv."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, it's the least I can do to thank you. Thank all of you for last night."

Seokjin smiled at me sweetly. "I'm still upset that you didn't ask for my fashion advice."

Hoseok cut in, "I approved of it, it was okay."

Jungkook said through another bite of chicken, "I think my approval was more important."

"I don't think so!" Taehyung yelled from his place on the couch.

"Wait," Jimin interrupted. "What are you talking about?"

I looked at Hobi immediately. "You didn't tell him?"

"Was I supposed to tell everyone?" he chirped.

"You always tell everyone," Jungkook reminded him.

Namjoon scratched the back of his head and looked at me. I held his gaze until I was sure he understood what I wanted him to say. "Viv had a bad date last night."

Jimin looked at me, and I flinched at the hurt in his eyes. "I thought you said you weren't dating."

I stared at the waffle iron, suddenly fascinated with the edges where the batter had spilled over. "Well, I'm definitely not now."

"I know it's a sensitive subject, Viv, but how did he get you all the way to that part of the city anyway?" Seokjin asked.

"He said we were going to a noraebong," I said. "Oddly enough, he had insulted you guys, and I tried to change the subject by betting he couldn't sing well." I shook my head, laughing at myself. "He may have ruined karaoke for me."